• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 07:06 PM

Alright Bolens Gurus. I need some advice. The 1053 that I restored which we haven't really used needs some attention with the driveline. I originally dismissed it as just being put together and everything freshly painted that the paint needed to wear and it would loosen up.

I will try and describe the problem the best I can. First when you start the tractor with the clutch pedal in it will idle and run fine, but let the clutch pedal out with the tranny in neutral and if you don't have the throttle up high enough it will stall. I basically have the low idle speed adjusted so it will idle with the tranny in neutral and clutch pedal out and when you press the clutch pedal in the idle speed is pretty high.

The second part of the equation is say you have it in gear and clutch pressed in, you let the pedal out and it is either go or no go because when you no sooner start to press the clutch it seems like the brake engages. It is very hard to try and be smooth about it.

I remember trying to mess with the linkage adjustments last year before it went in to storage but don't think I found anything that could have been adjusted any better to solve the situation so I just left it go.

I would like to get it fixed though. It almost seems like the brake is engaged all the time on the driveshaft but it isn't. I will have to take a look at it though to confirm.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,488 Thanks
  • 17,104 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 07:33 PM

Seems like something is not adjusted the right way...
Check and see if the clutch brake plate might me stuck.
Make sure the brake pad on the transmission drum is adjusted the right way. When you depress the clutch, the clutch should be fully open before the pad hits the drum.

Edited by Bolens 1000, October 24, 2010 - 07:46 PM.