drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,158 Thanks
  • 1,161 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 06:15 PM

I have my first Clinton,I believe it is a 400 model.Does any one know or have a cross reference for Clinton and sears.It was originally white and has an impulse starter that would not work when i got it .I repaired that problem.Next is to get the flywheel off and clean the points and check everything else out before trying to start.

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

• hamman and IlovemyCub have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think you did well!  :thumbs:  I think pretty highly of those little engines.  That's a Walbro carb on it, did you try taking the carb number and narrowing down the models that way?  If you also know what mag it is, that will sometimes help, but not as often in the 400 series. 

I didn't even know Clinton made engines for Sears, but I should have guessed since Sears took something from everyone else!

Ben W.

#3 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,158 Thanks
  • 1,161 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 07:07 PM

I do not have my first Clinton,If i was not so old and could see i would have seen Tecumseh on the Flywheel.After getting the flywheel off it was all Tecumseh parts.Got this model number from a part to an ILP MG610681A

Does any one have any info on this engine as i have very little Tecumseh information

Edited by new restorer, May 08, 2013 - 07:09 PM.