• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 09:35 PM

Was thinking about picking this up the price is right.. Just wondered what it is.??

ih.jpg

ih1.jpg

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,578 Thanks
  • 3,897 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Cub Cadet  from 1965 to 1967.  Could be a model 71 with 7 horsepower,   a 102 with 10 horsepower,  or 122 with 12 horsepower

Edited by Gtractor, May 05, 2013 - 09:42 PM.

• Arti said thank you

#3 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Its most probably a 102 . It has the 102 hard rubber white seat and it should have a 10 HP Kohler engine  .

The 71 actually came with no fenders (it was a option and were round if they were ordered )  so its not a 71  , and the 122 had a cushioned white fiberglass seat with blue trim  , so its not likely to be that model either .  

Both 102 and the 122 had square fenders , but unless the seats been changed its a 102 .

Edited by Jlaws, May 05, 2013 - 10:07 PM.

• Arti and IlovemyCub have said thanks

#4 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 10:09 PM

I agree with Jess, but man that thing has seen some better days.  I would hope the price is next to free at that condition.  The front axle is non original to it.  Looks to be from a wide frame as it has the wide frame style spindles on it.  Engine is missing the flywheel shroud so its hard to tell what engine is in it quickly.  Would also be worried with that shroud missing it has gotten hot and the engine is toasted.  Also looks like the mower clutch is missing to and the tunnel cover has been cut open.  Personally if the asking price is more than 75 bucks I would pass on it.

Edited by IHCubGuy, May 05, 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#5 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:01 AM

I have to agree with IH cub guy , that thing is a mess with all the missing parts , air filter breather and muffler besides the before mentioned hack tunnel area and missing engine sheet metal . Also looks like the hood has a tear in it where the hood brace is spot welded , and it has a later model cub steering wheel  .

The most valuable part on it is probably the seat if it cleans up .

In my book thats not even a decent parts machine , its missing a lot of stuff .

Like IH cub guy said if he told me more than $75 , I'd walk away , maybe $100 if it has a mower deck .

Edited by Jlaws, May 06, 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#6 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 12:27 AM

That thing looks just like a 104 I picked up with the black spray job and hole hacked in the drive shaft tunnel. Something tells me it, like my 104, is an ex pulling tractor and if that's the case whatever you do don't pay more then scrap price for it. I learned that lesson the hard way.

#7 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 05:41 PM

That's a 102.The 102 was the only Cub Cadet to have the Rubber seat made by Ohio Rubber CO to my knowledge.Front axle is not original and the steering wheel is off of a wide frame cub and it looks like the Blower Housing is missing from the engine.

If it isn't free or really really cheap I would let it sit.

I do like those seats.They never crack or fall apart.The only thing that may happen to them is the metal Pan under them does rust.They are like a metal bowl that collects water if the drain holes get plugged up with debris.

The 102 is my favorite of all of the narrow frame cubs.It's a shame to see 1 in such bad condition.

Here's a Video I found on YouTube of a 102 in good restored condition even though he states it was only a partial restoration you can see the stainless steel bolts everywhere and new wiring,paint,muffler,aftermarket decals and so on.

Edited by EricFromPa, May 09, 2013 - 05:51 PM.