• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 24, 2010 - 05:45 PM

Okay, I got the new belts and tiller hooked up, the PTO freewheels with no implements on it, normal, but when I pull the PTO implement switch on, the tractor dies, any ideas. Thanks

#2 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 06:00 PM

when I pull the PTO implement switch on, the tractor dies, any ideas. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Is this still the original motor in this tractor.I had a similair problem with my MF 1655 when I put a Honda 20 Hp into it.The Honda engine uses a grd to kill the spark to the coils so when I turned the switch on for the electric clutch it would kill the spark to the motor.Had to do a bit of extra rewiring and put in a special kill button to kill the motor.Larry

#3 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 24, 2010 - 11:19 PM

Same motor, BUT I used the wire from the front PTO which is not on the tractor, to power the rear electric clutch since My GT14 only came with one PTO switch whereas GT18, and GT20's had 2 switches

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 07:36 AM

Same motor, BUT I used the wire from the front PTO which is not on the tractor, to power the rear electric clutch since My GT14 only came with one PTO switch whereas GT18, and GT20's had 2 switches

Still sounds like its grounding out when you engage the electric clutch.What you can do is remove the spark plugs turn the motor over and check for spark,then with the plugs still out engage the pto switch and turn the motor over again and check to see if you still have spark.If not then you know that its the clutch that killing your spark.Let us know what you find. Larry

#5 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 25, 2010 - 08:05 PM

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking. I thought the switch was bad at first, but after a little thought, I really think I have a hot wire grounding. The Gas tank may have gotten on top of the wire and rubbed the insulation off or the something like that, It really isn't too complicated back there. I let you know, thanks for the input, Bill