• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cubcadetguys OFFLINE  

cubcadetguys
  • Member No: 25428
  • 7 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:54 PM

I just bought 2 Cub Cadet 122. One has rear pto. And the other has hi-lo, 3 point, headlights. I would like to put the pto on the one with hi-lo or would it be easyer to put the hi-lo on the pto one. I never done this. Need help to see witch is easyer.  Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• cub cadet 122 hitch.jpg
  • cub cadet 122 hitch..jpg
  • cub cadet 122 pto.jpg
  • cub cadet 122 pto..jpg

#2 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

IlovemyCub
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:59 PM

I would say putting the creeper gear (hi-lo) into the pto, because you wouldn't have to pull the tranny completely apart just to do that one thing. Just my suggestion, Ian. 

• cubcadetguys said thank you

#3 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Be easiest to switch the entire rearend with PTO to the other tractor.  That would be a straight forward process.   The shifter for the PTO requires a hole up high in the side of the rearend housing.  If you just switch the PTO componets, you will have to drill a hole for the shifter in the other rearend.  Then you will have drill shavings inside your rearend case.  You will find the PTO turns the wrong direction to power anything.  The PTO has a cool factor but is pretty much worthless for use.   I also believe your 3 point will interfere with the PTO without some modification.  Best of luck with whatever you decide. 

• twostep and cubcadetguys have said thanks

#4 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

IlovemyCub
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Be easiest to switch the entire rearend with PTO to the other tractor.  That would be a straight forward process.   The shifter for the PTO requires a hole up high in the side of the rearend housing.  If you just switch the PTO componets, you will have to drill a hole for the shifter in the other rearend.  Then you will have drill shavings inside your rearend case.  You will find the PTO turns the wrong direction to power anything.  The PTO has a cool factor but is pretty much worthless for use.   I also believe your 3 point will interfere with the PTO without some modification.  Best of luck with whatever you decide. 

Wait though, the creeper gear was an option you could have. If you didn't have it, the casting was still in the frame. You wouldn't have to drill a hole through the frame. Ian

• LTD said thank you

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 10:21 PM

not the creeper shifter through the frame,  the PTO shifter hole in the side of the tranny case