• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Went to buy a couple Wheel Horses today, while I was there was asked if I had any interest in a large frame Bolens for $500. Engine was changed to a Kohler 10hp from the Wisconson years ago, included the tiller, pushblade and a shaft driven MacKinnac shreadder for the front. Hasn't been used in 4yrs since they stopped putting in a garden. Now the good or bad part should I have loaded it also or was I better off leaving it there ??
I've never owned a Bolens so know nothing about them. I told him I would think about it and get back to him.

Edited by baerpath, May 04, 2013 - 07:21 PM.

• wilberj said thank you

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,753 Thanks
  • 7,523 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:15 PM

If they work the attachments are worth the price alone. Post some pictures. I have three large frames and they are my favorites out of the 60+ tractors that I have. Wheelhorses and ACs are my other favorites. Good Luck, Rick

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Went to buy a couple Wheel Horses today, while I was there was asked if I had any interest in a large frame Bolens for $500. Engine was changed to a Kohler 10hp from the Wisconson years ago, included the tiller, pushblade and a shaft driven MacKinnac shreadder for the front. Hasn't been used in 4yrs since they stopped putting in a garden. Now the good or bad part should I have loaded it also or was I better off leaving it there ??
I've never owned a Bolens so know nothing about them. I told him I would think about it and get back to him.

The wisconsin powerd large frames are at the lower end of the LF price range.  

With it not haveing the wisconsin still in it the price drops below $500. I only see value in the MacKinnac shreadder if it is a large frame one. I need pics to help you out more.

#4 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 05:43 AM

Thought about it and gonna leave it there. I don't have any real interest in it. If anyone wants it email/pm me and I can get you his name and number. The Bolens is north of Albany NY