• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Idahohighlander OFFLINE  

Idahohighlander
  • Member No: 34865
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:46 PM

I bought a 1979 JD 210 for $360 because I needed a lawn mower, rototiller, snowblower and something my wife can use around the barn to pull a small trailer.  I just picked up a 31 tiller, a snow blower and an extra deck from a fellow that has been trying to sell them four two years for $400 (not much demand in Idaho?). They came with the mule but I don't have a front or rear lift bar - what is a fair price to pay for them?  Does JD make a flat trailer or will I need to build one?

Thank you,

the newbie

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:07 PM

:welcometogttalk: , and :wewantpics:

#3 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Welcome to the forum... you'll find a lot of good info here. I don't have any John Deeres, but I bought a Case 195 from a guy in Twin Falls... John DeLuna???? that restores JohnDeeres. Also a guy in Arco--Robert Brazwell... I can probably find their phone numbers and PM them to you if you're interested.

BTW, I live in Layton, UT so it's not too far from Boise...as distances in the west go.

Utah Smitty

#4 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:47 PM

welcome to the forums

I would call the guy or go back and see if he has the front lift and the rear lift

also check it he has the helper spring too if you got a manual lift on your 210

sure helps lifting the tiller or snowblower

we like pictures of your 210

you should have a good setup for your wife to drive around

yes - Deere does make lawn trailers - several different sizes over the years

the older ones have a metal box the new ones are plastic boxes

look around your area - any lawn trailer should work for you and you can always paint them green

I got an old lawn trailer for $10 and painted it green

good luck and have fun

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 05:33 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. Sounds like a nice JD setup. If you can get some pictures of what you have and post them you may get more help on what's missing. 

#6 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,446 Thanks
  • 3,992 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 05:36 AM

:welcometogttalk:  I think 360 bucks are a fair price for a model 210.

Welcome to GTTalk. Sounds like a nice JD setup. If you can get some pictures of what you have and post them you may get more help on what's missing. 

:ditto:

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 05:47 AM

Welcome to the forum! Pics can help folks see what all you are missing. See the bottom of my signature for help there. The site sponsors can be of help with parts.

#8 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 06:46 PM

When you say the rear lift bar, are you asking about the whole set up, or just the lift bar that goes from the hitch plate to the tiller? Do you have the main rear lift bar between the under carriage lift link and the rear hitch plate? Here are some ballpark numbers for you, for purchasing the required items needed for your attachments:

Front lift bar: $35.00 - $55.00

Under carriage rear lift set up: $125.00 - $175.00

Tiller lift bar: $35.00 - $60.00

Helper Spring: $35.00 - $65.00

Rear wheel weights: $125.00 - $175.00

If you have the short lift bar that is attached to your snow blower, it can be used as the tiller lift bar as they are identical pieces. When you say mule drive, I'm assuming you mean the one required for driving the tiller? If not, you can expect to spend another $125.00 - $200.00 for it, and then another $100.00 for the drive belts.

As for a flat trailer, no John Deere doesn't make a flat trailer. A long time ago, they made a Model 20 and 21 flat trailer, but they are so rare to find, and if you did find one, it will cost you more to buy it then it would for you to just make your own.

Welcome to the John Deere world my friend. Where, in order to get green, you have to spend some green! The tractors and attachments are easily found, but the lifting and drive assemblies are very scarce and expensive. Good luck to you on your search.

Troy

#9 Idahohighlander OFFLINE  

Idahohighlander
  • Member No: 34865
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 10:08 PM

I will have some pictures soon. Today I got the tractor running, the previous owner couldn't and that is why he sold it.  It turns out the connection at the points only had one tiny strand of copper attached, I unscrewed the points and the wire fell off, not sure how it could have happened.  Adjusted the carb and it runs great, can't wait to hook up the tiller.... I also found out today that I have the rear lift bar so I'm just needing a front bar for the blower.