• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 916 hydro OFFLINE  

916 hydro
  • Member No: 10159
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 04:33 PM

so im temporarily living in what some would call a trailer park ( i prefer aluminum condominium comunity) anyway im trying to have fun with it and make it as tacky as possible (mainly to annoy my wife and mother) so i need some good ideas. i already have some pink flamingos in the yard, beer can wind chimes, the cristmas lights are up flowers planted in a milk can. and im getting a toilet to plant flowers in as soon as my dad buys a new one. there are some stipulations, it has to look like i was trying to be decoritive(i.e no broke down ford granadas, volkswagens, tractors, airplaines, and things of the like. so any ideas? 

• hamman said thank you

#2 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 05:59 PM

This has been around for many years.. Might give you an idea or 2 if not it is a good site to look over and read for a good laugh...

http://www.mytrailerpark.com/

#3 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:12 PM

beer can lights.. cut out figures in the beer cans and put Christmas lights in em..

#4 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:16 PM

If you drink lots of beer in a can save a bunch of em and make flower pot surrounds out of em.. Use glue to hold em together..

#5 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 918 Thanks
  • 1,211 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 06:30 PM

a beer bottle tree.

#6 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:41 PM

If you're going to work this hard at making it tacky, why not work as hard to elevate your stature in life?!

#7 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:42 PM

If you have some old garden tractor tires that won't ever be used again, cut them in half and edge your flower beds with them. Up here in this area, there are people making plywood cutouts that resemble really fat women bending over in the flower bed, and they're paint them up to show legs, ruffled panties, and nickers.

#8 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,633 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:49 PM

Your wife's dainties on the clothes line.

#9 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 07:59 PM

I've always been partial to the lazyboy on an unprotected porch.

#10 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:12 PM

This might not be tacky enough for you. In fact I thought it showed creative talent. But I used to drive through an Italian area of Des Moines a lot. And one Yard had A BATHTUB  set in the ground upright with a statue of the Virgin Mary in it. He also had a Case Eagle as a base for his flagpole.

I loved that area. I used to go to an Italian Grocery and get unbelievably good Sub Sandwiches, go across the street to the park and watch the old timers paly Bocce Ball.

Edited by JD DANNELS, May 04, 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#11 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 12:07 AM

If you're going to work this hard at making it tacky, why not work as hard to elevate your stature in life?!

I believe there's more here than meets the untrained eye... Like psychoygynologikal warfare fightin' and brain mess games.  First, I'd like to suggest a well worn owl decoy with large reflective eyes, slightly tilted on a tall pole or hanging upside down from the TV antenna.  You just have to have a TV antenna even if you have cable or satellite! 

Some of them stick on bullet hole decals would add a nice touch for any of your windows that still have glass in them.  And if you can score a few deer or cow skeletons (Sorry Daniel!) to "semi-hide" in the weeds... (A buddy of mine always used that one to lower the chances he'd get repeat company.)  And of course the tried and true epitome of rural and even suburban tackyness, the overflowing septic tank cover or softened leach field always makes a bold statement. 

And last but not least, several unidentifiable large engine blocks preferably from boat applications supporting a 4'X8' OSB board table top.  Oh, and if you can find some very large cable reels, they make way better tables than the OSB board and will allow better visual appeal and clear view of the engine blocks.

#12 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 09:15 AM

I've always been partial to the toilet converted to a flower pot. I also like the rusted truck box full of random garbage.

#13 916 hydro OFFLINE  

916 hydro
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:32 AM

im loving the ideas so far i dont know about phycogynocoligikal warfare although i live with my wife and daughter it can get kinda rough. im thinking the bathtub but with pink flamingos instead of the virgin mary i like the tires around the flowerbeds im gettin a toilet to put flowers in and im making a table out of pabst cans (if my liver holds out that long) the lazy boy on the porch only works if you have lawn furiture in the house i was also thinking i could be like the neghbors and paint the outside of the house with interior latex paint.

#14 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:09 PM

You should really have a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy symbol on your door. Of the trailer. Crooked.

#15 916 hydro ONLINE  

916 hydro
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:29 PM

You should really have a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy symbol on your door. Of the trailer. Crooked.

not a bad idea, when i bought the place it had tinted windows