• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 06, 2010 - 09:29 PM

George,

I have tried to set up a new group, but it still says I don't have access.

Thanks for your help, Brian

Brian,
We had some changes occur with the site. There is a thread in the site questions forum on the topic and a lot of people felt the groups were a waste because a lot of people didn't know they were there, or it was redundancy. Would it be better since you are looking to get a Texas show together to make a new thread in the Events forum, you can choose the Texas prefix and organize anything you might need in there? You are also more then welcome to voice your opinion in the thread in the site questions forum as well.

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 06, 2010 - 09:32 PM

Brian,
The other thing too is you can keep people updated with a blog also and link to it from the events forum.

#18 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 07, 2010 - 10:54 AM

Just a couple of ideas if you would like to start your own garden tractor show. I got one going here in west central Wisconsin 9 years ago. There were not any garden tractor shows near hear. Most of the large shows will let garden tractors display but those shows are a ways away from here. I went to the group who sponsers our town's summer celebration and presented my idea. They were happy to have another event as part of the weekends events and especially glad that I would take care of the organizing so it wasn't any more work on their part. I talked with their insurance carrier as to what we could do and not do and the garden tractor show was added to the weekend insurance policy. In my case the show is covered as long as we don't have any "moving tractor" events. The tractors are covered to and from the display area but then have to be a static display. Any tractor games and you end up with higher risk insurance such as if you had a tractor pull. Being a farming community we have added farm tractors and other old equipment to the show over the years. Most all of the farm equipment that is brought in is from local people and they all seem to have a great time. I don't see our show as becoming a huge show but as a local event it has grown every year and new people are showing interest in it.
It takes some doing to get a show started but you might be surprised at how well it goes and the interest that will be shown. If you can make it a part of an already going event lots of the things you would need to get in place if you were doing a single event such as food vendors, shelters, advertising, insurance, and port-a-potties will be in place and that is a lot less to have to worry about. Plus there will already be people in attendance so you have built in spectators for you first show. This will let you work on talking to tractor nuts and getting exhibits for the show, not spending all your time on those other necessary things.

Edited by tractormike, November 10, 2010 - 09:08 AM.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#19 hfm0323 OFFLINE  

hfm0323

• Member No: 141
  • 2 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted November 07, 2010 - 12:12 PM

I have often wished there was a Kentucky garden tractor club, or at least one for my region of the state. I also thought if I ever had the time to start one of my own that it could be an extension of GTT, say like "GTT of Central Ky". Would be another way to form a concentrated network. While I brought this up, I have no idea as to getting something like this off the ground.

I know Paducah has a yearly show. I've always wanted to attend but never made it.

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 07, 2010 - 02:10 PM

I know Paducah has a yearly show. I've always wanted to attend but never made it.

Any website for info on the Paducah show?