Model 39 Deck Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rainman_210 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 32663
  • 22 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 11:54 AM

i recently purchased a brass tag model 39 mower deck which im trying to mount to my 112rf. the deck attaches just fine but i have no clue as to how the belt from the tractor to the deck is sposed to go. i almost feel like im missing some parts maybe? i have a verticle pointing pulley on the shaft that is driven from the motor, and a horizontal pulley to drive the deck. i have twice gone to my deere dealer here to try and get a belt to fit on said pulleys but all the belts they are giving me are about a foot to long...a picture would help greatly if i could physically see one attached from underneath......thanks in advance to all advice

#2 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,379 Thanks
  • 3,958 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 12:53 PM

will this help you? then pm me plz:

edit: maybe this can help too Attached File  38_46_&_50-In_Mowers_Installation(M75607_A-8).pdf   2.63MB   158 downloads

Edited by jd.rasentrac, May 04, 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,461 Thanks
  • 2,527 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 04:45 PM

The reason your belt is too long, is due to the Model 39 deck was made originally for the flat fender tractors, which had a different pto set up. Just tell your local dealership that you have a 46 deck to mount on a round fender 112, and you should be fine. When you start interchanging flat fender attachments onto found fenders, for some reason the dealership parts guys can't seen to figure out how to make things work. The mover deck main pulley for the 39 and the 46 are in the same location on the deck, so your belt length won't change from one deck to another.

As for the belt routing, the belt will run around the inside pto pulley hanging down below the tractor, and back to the mower deck with a half twist (counter clockwise) in the belt. I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think you will have to adjust the front mounting yokes on the draft plate bracket. You'll just have to try it and go from there.

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#4 rainman_210 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 32663
  • 22 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Alright...good to get some solid answers....thank s to you guys for the info...i thought i was missing a bet tensioner possibly or extra pulleys as i havent had a tractor this old ever...or even seen one mow lawn for that matter....i will try again to get the right belt