• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 01:41 PM

Strange wiring problem has been haunting my 1010 for a little while. Finally sat down with it this morning & worked around it. The key switch throws low voltage to the starter solenoid, so no-start. Been jumping it at the starter solenoid, but time to fix it. The switch is evidently corroded or the like, but all other functions of the switch work fine. So for now I just installed a momentary toggle into the dash to engage the starter & all works great. Put a new battery terminal on also & cleaned checked ALL main connections. Dang battery is beginning to get tired too. Gets expensive keeping batteries in all these tractors. A couple GT's just get temp batteries when needed.
Glad to get the 1010 ready to go again.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 01:48 PM

Years ago I had a NOMA and a very light checkbook with which to buy a replacement. Switch went bad in it (almost all contacts went w/in a week) so the dash looked like an old-fashioned switchboard. If you didn't know how to start it, you didn't. I thought of it as my own "redneck" child-proofing. I even hid a switch under the dash that was an all-kill to my switch bank. My wife rolled her eyes, but bless her, she said nuthin' about it's looks. :D

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 05:07 PM

Years ago I had a NOMA and a very light checkbook with which to buy a replacement. Switch went bad in it (almost all contacts went w/in a week) so the dash looked like an old-fashioned switchboard. If you didn't know how to start it, you didn't. I thought of it as my own "redneck" child-proofing. I even hid a switch under the dash that was an all-kill to my switch bank. My wife rolled her eyes, but bless her, she said nuthin' about it's looks. :D

The urge to pick on your specialty engineering is great LOL! But I will refrain because it usually works very well!
I am glad that you figured out your problem Dan. Those kinds of troubles can be very frustrating, especially if they're intermittent!