• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trackcar OFFLINE  

trackcar
  • Member No: 15296
  • 26 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 09:25 PM

I have a CC 2155 but am not sure of the engine model I have. It is a 15 h.p. Kohler Command. I've seen where some models have head gasket problems as does my brother-in-laws tractor. I just want to be on the lookout.

• larryd said thank you

#2 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 09:40 PM

You can usually find the engine model number on a decal on the engine tin.  I believe it will be a CH15 then 4 numbers under the spec heading.  This may help you to find yours.

• trackcar and larryd have said thanks

#3 trackcar OFFLINE  

trackcar
  • Member No: 15296
  • 26 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 03:58 PM

You can usually find the engine model number on a decal on the engine tin.  I believe it will be a CH15 then 4 numbers under the spec heading.  This may help you to find yours.

I can't find it to save my butt. The only "sticker" is on top of the motor and it is unreadable.

Edited by trackcar, May 12, 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#4 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 09:24 AM

I can't find it to save my butt. The only "sticker" is on top of the motor and it is unreadable.

That is one of my pet peeves with the Kohler engines.  B&S have it stamped into the tin's or on a plate bolted to the engine.  

I do stand corrected in that I checked a couple of Kohler's I have in the shop and it should be a CV15 then 4 numbers.  Probably a CV15S XXXX.  You will need the last 4 digit's when ordering parts.  Post some pictures and someone may be able to identify it and or Google Kohler CV15 images and compare your's to them and see if you can find a match that has the complete model number with it.