25 replies to this topic

#16 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • Member No: 35
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 12:50 PM

Just a quick update..... I've been keeping a list of potential parts. I hope to start tinkering with some in the near future to see if we can add them to parts we can offer. When I get around to specific parts I'll post something, I will need to track down a loaner or a spare thats in good shape to use for molding. As I gain hands on experience hopefully I'll be able to use parts that aren't in very good shape and create suitable reproductions. Will be trying some fiberglass and composites, debating on metal reproductions also. If anyone has skills, equipment that may be usefull in producing parts (either whole or portions) let me know,, I doubt I'll be able to learn all the skills or purchase all the equipment needed for the various items in demand; and time is definately a challenge. We only have a couple of the massey items available at this time, www.gtreproductions.us Not sure how long it will take to develope parts to the point of production, I'm learning as I go.

#17 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 02:20 PM

Could you do the timed deck pullies for the massey 1855 series tractor? They are rare and usually worn out by the time they hit ebay.

#18 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 29, 2011 - 09:32 AM

Does anyone have the original part # or any equals that were available at one time for the timed pullies??? Pics would help also, I don't have acces to one of these units.

Thanks

#19 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 29, 2011 - 10:19 AM

I have factory part numbers for decks 5410, 5415,4801, 4802,5405 .These are I believe all of the timed decks,and all take the same pulleys.
Outer pulleys: 538 344 M93

Center pulley: 538 343 M93

Edited by mjodrey, January 29, 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#20 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted January 29, 2011 - 11:21 AM

I will see if i can snap some pics today. They are a plastic with metal reinforcements on top and bottom. I currently have my deck torn down for repairs and could send you one, but lets look at the pics first to see if its something doable for you.

#21 jj69chev OFFLINE  

jj69chev

Tractorholic

• Member No: 626
  • 24 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 04:08 PM

Another part to look into is the JD 110/112 headlight panel with and without light cut outs, i know even slightly damaged ones go for big $$ on ebay. They are still available from Deere, but run $115 without light cutouts

#22 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 05:11 PM

The timed pulleys are made of a very tough composite. Plain plastic wouldn't last 5 minutes. I believe the best bet on the pulleys is having them made of metal.

#23 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 12:18 PM

Well for the John Deere guys out there, factory & used parts may be your only options unless someone figures out a way around the legalities. Another guy I know that makes some parts advised me to stay clear of JD items as they will file a law suit as soon as they get wind of you.

Regarding the timed pullies.. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do much or not.... I've not had first had experience using a composite pulley but I would think metal would be the only way you would want to make them. If the composites have worked in the past I may be able to find the materials needed.

Whether the parts are plastic, composite, fiberglass, metal..etc. I'm open to looking into the possiblity of reproductions... Like I mentioned earlier I'm learning as I go, I don't have a manufacturing back ground and haven't been actively restoring these units for all that long, but I have used and been around them them since I was big enough to operate them. Since we only have a few items, GT Reproductions is more vision than reality at this time. What will be critical for any success will be networking and finding other individuals and/or companies with the knowledge/equipment needed. I may be able to incorporate some of the metal parts to in-house production in time. I have some equipment and some skills and hope to increase both as I progress in this endeavor. I will need alot of input from you guys out there, so whether its potential parts, resources, fabricators etc.. please pass on the information. Together hopefully we can develop the means to keep these treasured pieces of equipment running and looking good far into the future.

Thanks

Edited by GTReproductions, February 03, 2011 - 07:36 AM.

#24 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 08:41 PM

Afew days late but here are the (not so good) pics of the pullies. They are made of Celoron, the name is molded into the part. It appears to be atleast a 2 piece design, the actual toothed part and bottom are one piece with a steel plate riveted to the top. I dont have one that i could take apart to examine more in depth. Gates belts has a website for custom timed pullies along with an explination of the different tooth dimesions. It maybe helpful to you.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2223.jpg
  • DSCF2227.jpg
  • DSCF2225.jpg
  • DSCF2224.jpg
  • DSCF2220.jpg
  • DSCF2221.jpg

#25 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 08:30 PM

Does this go on a splined shaft? What Dia. of the shaft and how many splines? Does a bolt go through the end plate and into the end of the shaft?

#26 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 10:11 PM

9 splines, and roughly 1 inch diameter (no calipers). Yes a bolt enters through the top steel plate and secures the shaft.