• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 06:53 AM

Cheryl, any time you want to reminisce about Dale and his life, please feel free to sign in and tell us.

If you start your own acc't, please let us know who you are if you use a pen name.
  • dstaggs, bhts, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#48 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Based on this thread it is clear Dale was loved and appreciated around here and you don't get to be revered without giving and being where you're needed when you're needed. I for one would love to see a compilation of "The Best Of Dale Staggs" including comments, posts, advice, you name it. It's great to see how our community is tightly connected. Best to Dale's family and friends from Maine.

• dstaggs, bhts, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#49 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 10:55 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of dale.

#50 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Sorry to hear for Cheryl's and the boards' loss, I am too new to have known Dale, sounds like he was a great guy.

#51 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,201 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 04:20 PM

So sorry to hear of Dales' passing. Cheryl, if ever you need to talk, I know all of us here are willing to listen and share what we can.

• massey driver, dstaggs, bhts and 3 others have said thanks

#52 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 07:44 PM

I first read this, and I was not in the mindset to reply. Later, I read some more and I had to stop after about 5. I have been slowly reading the posts above and it has not gotten much easier. I never had a chance to get to know him; although, I am certain that we have lost a great person.

#53 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 07:34 PM

I realize the viewing and funeral is over, but I wanted to see if we had any members go this past weekend to show our support?

• dstaggs, bhts and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#54 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:13 PM

I realize the viewing and funeral is over, but I wanted to see if we had any members go this past weekend to show our support?

Troy I hope some of our members close to the area were able to go and post about the viewing and services. This was one of the reasons that I ordered a funeral arrangement  to be signed showing support from our members on the site that would not be able to attend the services.. Dale was a wonderful person that seemed to have touched many of our members here on the site.

• dstaggs, MH81, bhts and 3 others have said thanks

#55 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Grand! It's times like this when I wish I could afford to just go whenever, and where ever I need to. I was there in spirit, but sometimes that still doesn't seem like it's enough.

• grand, dstaggs, bhts and 2 others have said thanks

#56 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Cheryl, Please know that we are here for you however we can be. Please feel free to post here whenever you want or need to. We are always around!!

• grand, John@Reliable, dstaggs and 3 others have said thanks

#57 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:33 PM

:angel: Thanks so much for all the condolences expressed and the flowers since Dale's passing. I want you to know what a BIG little 8 year old he has. DJ would not cry because he was protecting me from being in more pain. He broke twice but not in my presence. He was such a brave little cowboy and I know hsi dad is so very proud of him. DJ is standing firm and strong still and continues to carry out his dad's wishes daily in taking care of me as his father ask him to do. Dale told DJ is was going to be the man of the house in his passing and he expected him to act as such and the little man is doing just that. We appreciate the forum tremendously as it is a great resource as to what Dale was all about and what meant so much to him...his friends...Dale never met a stranger and he would give the shirt off his back if others needed it worse than him then he worried about Dale. I have music and pics on a DVD I would like to post it I knew how as well as the music that was used at his servvicves. There is one song that his cousin sang and it is beautiful, called 'Hold Me and Let Me Go" , a special request made by Dale that I would love to share with you all if it is possible. Please contact me if you can help me share this music and pictures with you. Thanks again for all support in our time of need. God Bless YOU All

• Bolens 1000, grand, olcowhand and 16 others have said thanks

#58 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Cheryl, Please know that we are here for you however we can be. Please feel free to post here whenever you want or need to. We are always around!!

Yes Cheryl, as Brian said, please feel free to post as you wish. Keep us updated on how things are going for you and DJ. You keeping us up to date with things, keeps our memory of Dale fresh, and will be like he's still here with us. If it's too hard for you, I know we will all understand. Just know that we all miss our friend, and we all looked forward to hearing about his recent junk yard finds and repairs, talking with him in the chat room, and of course seeing his tomatoes! You and DJ will always have a special place in our hearts, and we want to be there for you both as much as we possibly can. Whether you know it or not, when Dale became a member of this family, his family became our family too. So Welcome to our family Cheryl and DJ. You have entered a family of over twelve thousand members, and no matter what the needs may be, we are all willing to listen, even if you never met us personally.

Oh, and just because we are all family, you do not have to feel like you need to have us all over for dinner! :smilewink:

Take Care,

Troy

• dstaggs, bhts, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#59 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Oh, and just because we are all family, you do not have to feel like you need to have us all over for dinner! :smilewink:

Hold on there.... what are we having?

That's what i like about this site....we are all family.

• dstaggs, bhts, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#60 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,503 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 06:37 AM

I wanted to go, but things just weren't in line to do that. Cheryl, look at my signature for attachment help. If that doesn't work for you send me a PM for my e-mail address and I'll get it uploaded.

• dstaggs, bhts, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks