caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Congrats on 30 years at the same Company Al! That's a real achievement in the world today. Hopefully retirement is in the near future for you. I have worked since the age of 16 and until this job have never been anywhere for more than 5 years, most places considerably less than that. I have been at my current job for 12 1/2 years, but the future is not looking all that bright at the moment. I have had several weeks of layoff already this year and much more is projected throughout the coming months. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and looking at this as an opportunity for a change for the better. It's crazy to think that when I finally reach retirement age, I'll have put in nearly 50 years of work.

• Alc said thank you

#17 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 08:16 PM

When companies started dumping the define pension plans towards k401 plans with some type of contribution on there part I wasn't sure how it would work out for people but when jobs  change for one reason or another at least  they can build up some type of savings for retirement 

#18 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,315 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 08:27 PM

When companies started dumping the define pension plans towards k401 plans with some type of contribution on there part I wasn't sure how it would work out for people but when jobs  change for one reason or another at least  they can build up some type of savings for retirement 

Yup-  Just no loyalty anymore but to the CEO's & shareholders..  You are lucky to have held that job so long in todays throwaway world..  I've got 20 years and I'm staring down yet another sizable layoff @ the end of the month... :wallbanging: