• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 robin OFFLINE  

robin

• Member No: 144
  • 1 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted April 01, 2010 - 09:51 PM

if you were going to sell it how much would like to sell it for i am not all that far away and i am allways up for a drive

#17 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 07:29 PM

If you are going to sell it to fund the hobby then I would just do the little things that need to be fixed and leave it at that. Out of that list you posted I would slap a decent cheap seat on it, throw a tube in the tire, lube up the variable components, put a used battery in it and put the new battery in one of your keepers and probably leave it at that if I was just selling it.

Well thanks to NUTNDUN I spent 4hrs on this thing today, fixed the clutch pedal, went through the whole varidrive adjustment procedure (everything was way off), tightened up the steering, put a tube in the front tire, ran the fuel line though the shroud, bent it back in shape, cleaned out he fins again, and fixed up whatever else I found, still have to put a seat on it and fix the hood hinge.
It still looks the same just works a lot better now. I'll post pic when it's finished.
When I finished on it for today had it running at idle forgot about it, 3hrs later still running.

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 08:11 PM

See, I am here for ya buddy :thumbs: LOL You made some awesome progress on it.

#19 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 03, 2010 - 03:42 PM

This is what it looks like now, far from a restoration but a decent working tractor. Starts easy runs smooth and everything works. The clutch is still a bit stiff the spring binds up sometimes, I have 3 spring assembly there all about the same, better design would be nice.

Attached Thumbnails

• masseys 044..jpg
  • masseys 045..jpg
  • masseys 046..jpg
  • masseys 047..jpg

#20 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 01, 2010 - 07:03 PM

Today I fixed up one of my mower decks, mounted it and got it working, cuts not to bad.
Had to replace 2 idler pulleys on the deck, 1 pulley on the foot clutch, All 3 belts, weld up one of the roller brackets, replace one of the hanger brackets and adjust it all up. The spindles on this deck were good just sharpened the blades, cut some grass for about 1hr and it seems OK.
All the parts needed came from my parts that I've collected, so it cost me nothing to get this done.
This is far from a restoration like a lot of other tractors you see here, I've just done what was needed to make it usable.

Attached Thumbnails

• Masseys 108..jpg
  • Masseys 109..jpg

#21 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 03, 2010 - 05:36 PM

Sold this tractor today

Fellow had being emailing back and forth about it comes over to pick it up, so I jump on it to drive it over to his trailer and wouldn't you know it the trany locks up. I remove the shifter and discover that one of the detents is not working all this while he is here. So the fellow says fix it, gives me all the money for it, doesn't try a lower price, leaves his trailer here and says he'll be back next week to pick it up, put it in my trailer for me.
You don't come across people like that to often, I'll tell you one thing I'm going to make sure it's fixed tomorrow and check everything else again to make sure it's good for him.

#22 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 03, 2010 - 07:53 PM

No you don't. I only had one when i sold a Simplicity 725. I needed to put the deck together, so he gave me the money, took the tractor and said he'd be back tomorrow. i had it ready that night, and it was all set for him tomorrow. Sounds like a good deal for you.

#23 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 07, 2010 - 08:07 PM

Officially sold picked up today, everybody's happy.