#46 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Has anyone measured the 4 lug pattern vs a newer 12" 4 lug Cub Cadet rim? Wonder if they would fit?

I've been told the bolt pattern is different but I've never actually measured them myself.

#47 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 543 Thanks
  • 366 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:49 PM

OK , bought a set of the 33 X 7.60 X 15's American Farmers that Pacer posted . They were just a tad over $200 for the set with shipping .  

Not a bad looking Ag tire . They are 4 ply and state on the sidewall that their air pressure should be 25 PSI. I aired mine up to 18 PSI.

I measured them after installed on the rims and aired up and they are actually 30" tall .

They are a tube type tire but I was able to get them to seal without tubes , but it was a bit hard as the 990's rims are 7 inches wide .

A buddy of mine has a garage style tire changer and large compressor , and we had to strap them to get them on the beads ,  I'd suggest using tubes unless you have a garage style tire changer .

I plan on getting them loaded with Rim Guard which also will insure sealing any small leaks , so that they don't leak in the future around the bead .

I'll get pictures after I get the tires loaded and rim painted , and installed on the 990 that I'm restoring .

Edited by Jlaws, August 28, 2013 - 08:51 PM.

• olcowhand and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#48 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Wow, listed at 33" but only measure 30"??? That is quite a difference.

#49 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 09:41 AM

I measured them after installed on the rims and aired up and they are actually 30" tall .

Ok, I have to ask.  Does a 30" tall tire actually fit under the fenders properly?  My stock 27" turfs don't have a lot of clearance as is.

#50 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • 543 Thanks
  • 366 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 11:59 AM

I had hoped to have the rims painted and installed on the tractor before I took pictures , but inquiring minds want to know .

Heres pictures of the American Farmers next to the 27 inch Carlisle's .

First off the Carlisle isn't on a rim and I know they will grow a little when aired up , but it measures 25 1/2 as is . the American Farmer Ag actually measures 29 1/2 inches aired up . So theres about 4 inches of total height difference which means 2 inches from center axle to tread difference .

My 990 is in pieces right now , so theres no way to tell for sure if they'll fit , but if you have 2 inches of clearance with the Carlisle's these should fit .

If they don't I guess I'll have to figure out a way to raise the fender a tad .....LOL .

Canawaler how much room do you have with the stock 27 inch Carlisle's and what do they actually measure in height aired up ?

side note , as I said yesterday the tires say tube type on the sidewall but these are holding air without tubes and I didn't even use a bead sealer .....I'm still going to load them with Rim Guard for the added weight as well as this stuff is sticky ( beet juice ) and they advertise it for it ability to sealing small leaks .

Attached Thumbnails

• Sscn4389.jpg
  • Sscn4390.jpg
  • Sscn4391.jpg

• rustyoldjunk, Texas Deere and Horse, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#51 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Those look great, I can't wait to see them on the tractor.

#52 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Canawaler how much room do you have with the stock 27 inch Carlisle's and what do they actually measure in height aired up ?

Just went out to the shed and checked.  The Carlisles are about 26.25" off the floor and have 1.5" of clearance to the fender.  They haven't been aired up since last summer so might be sitting just a tad low, although it wasn't noticeable.

• Texas Deere and Horse and Jlaws have said thanks

#53 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • 543 Thanks
  • 366 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 12:25 AM

Wow , Canawler that's going to be close on the clearance , may be a little to tall . I'll find out this weekend  .

I started to assemble the frame and the  front and rear axles today .

I called the local Kabota dealer today where I've had my tires loaded in the past and he said that there closed Saturday , Sunday and Monday and won't get to load my tires till Tuesday .

Has something to do with a Holiday . :D  

I may mount a fender temporarily on the frame to test fit a tire under it tomorrow if I get that far .

I still have a lot of parts to strip and paint , but what I've done so far looks good . 

Edited by Jlaws, August 31, 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#54 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 11:23 AM

You may have to customize the fenders to fit those bad boys Jlaws. If you raise the whole fender, the seat will hit. The tire chains hit my 50" mower deck roller bracket when raised all the way so there is no clearance there. The fenders also stabilize the foot rests. 

Creative sheet metal work is in order. Keep us posted on you mods.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image00001.jpg

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#55 CADplans OFFLINE  

CADplans
  • Member No: 35311
  • 219 Thanks
  • 213 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Fender clearance, we don't need no stinkin' fender clearance!!

hay3_zpsf1f1bec5.jpg

tire_zps51651398.jpg

:dancingbanana:

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#56 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 11:55 AM

:ok:  lol

#57 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • 543 Thanks
  • 366 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 12:28 PM

Well They fit !!!!!!

I temporarily mounted the tunnel cover pan and a fender to check the clearance .

They clear the fender with about a half inch to spare .
I noticed a lot of sag in the fenders , which you can see in the pictures which I'll address later .If the fender was sitting level the clearance should be even better .

I plan on making a custom tool box to fit between the fender , since mine was missing the original tool tray when I got it .

VTX , Looking at the thin guage of metal these wimpy fenders have , I think its the other way around . The heavy guage foot treads help support the fenders .....LOL

This things going to be a beast , its already starting to look more like a compact tractor than a GT .....LOL

Attached Thumbnails

• Sscn4398.jpg
  • Sscn4399.jpg
  • Sscn4396.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#58 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 12:36 PM

J, I have been waiting to see how they would look. I also wonder how they look turned around with the wheel dish in to set them in and under the fender more. Could or would you see how that looks? I am going to order a pair for my 990!!

#59 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • 543 Thanks
  • 366 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Brian , theres not much of an offset on these rims .
I thought at first you were kidding me , but since its on jack stands its a simple matter of turning one around .

I turned the left one around for these pictures and kept the right one the way it was . I like the slightly wider stance , though its probably only a couple of inches more between the wheels .

Attached Thumbnails

• Sscn4402.jpg
  • Sscn4403.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse and twostep have said thanks

#60 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for taking the time to do that for me.

Are your hubs slid out on the axles by chance? My tires sit completely under the fenders and that's why I thought maybe the rims had more offset. For plowing, they would need to be in alignment with the front tires, so that's why I asked.

Thanks Again !!