• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Thank you for the info. I just got one of these on a Sears Super 12 that blew and engine. I was wondering how it worked. Well actually I got 3 sears super 12 that I am hoping to make 2 out of this winter. Got a plow , snow blower, 2 mower decks and the sickle bar mower. I love these old tractors I currently have 2 simplicity and a wheel horse. 

sickle.jpg

• MH81 said thank you

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 07:27 AM

:welcome: to GTTalk
Glad you found us.

As for how it works, it will struggle sometimes with matted clumps, but it seems to have plenty of power and I might be able to overcome the issues if I tighten the hold downs.
I decided not to mess with it as its occasional use and mainly for show.

Looks like a nice herd, be sure to post a member intro so everyone has a better chance of welcoming you

#18 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 07:48 AM

Going to take better photos of my herd, I think I got the sickness that I have read about. Re: old tractor love. It all started with a cheaply made John Deere lt110 the ones that you get from lowes or home depot. biggest pile of junk ever made. That thing kept me busy during the winter just trying to keep the belt on and or keep it from slipping, by the time I fixed that a cable or something else would give out. So I decided that I was going to restore an old tractor and put it to work instead. OMG night and day difference these older tractors maybe clunky compared to the new ones but they preform well and get the job done. My simplicity 3212 first one love love love it. I then got a hold of a 3415H with a snow blower and a 46 inch deck. Have not restored this one (yet) but I got hydros for it that I will use for a lift as my wife loves the hydro drive. 

The 3 sears i just picked up was mainly for the snow blower and plow. not sure if I will ever use the sickle bar mower. I just wanted the tractor it was attached  to and the guy would not separate  so had to buy all 3. 

My wheel horse c-120 is fully restored new stickers and all my wife asked me why do I use it after all that has been done to it ...because I dont restore these things to sit ...its back to work boys enjoy your second life.

snow.jpg

This is why I need snow blowers and plows.....lol

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 07:58 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Yep, you are afflicted with this disease!

#20 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 08:29 AM

Welcome aboard ! Sounds like you definitely have LGT- itis bad bad sickness, almost impossible to shake! We'll be watching for pics of the restores for sure. I'm on the look out for one of those sickle bar mowers, keep me in mind if you decide to part with it.
  • MH81 said thank you

#21 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 05:32 PM

Well like I said I have no use for it I just wanted the tractor it was attached to. I notice that your in Ma. and I am in Me. That is about 200 miles from me and I am not sure if I can ship this this thing. I would be willing to drive 100 miles if you wanted to meet in the middle. payment could be tractor parts perhaps??? lol I don't mind a barter if you have things you didn't want that I could use. 

• MH81 said thank you

#22 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted November 08, 2015 - 11:08 PM

Nice sickle. I had one of those about ten years ago and had problems with the pitman arm. It fit the gear drive Suburbans but didn't seem to fit my Hydrotrac 14 properly so I sold it, too cheap too.