Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Case/Ingersoll RM60 mower deck on a MF1655???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 12:10 AM

Awesome, thanks mastifflawyer! My deck is 21.5 inches deep so sounds like it would work on my tractor! Now does anyone know of a used/good RM 60 for sale??? All i need is the deck.....don't need the mule drive that goes on the front of deck. thanks Luke
  • 101 senior said thank you

#17 101 senior ONLINE  

101 senior

• Member No: 1393
  • 180 Thanks
  • 328 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 08:38 AM

Massey Harris owned their own factories, And built their own tractors, you just have to travel to Batavia, NY to see one that still stands today. Ask any Farmer that farmed back then If they will admit it, What Tractor was a beast in the field and on a belt and they will say the MH 101 Sr.

#18 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 29, 2010 - 09:04 PM

Would love to see pics of that factory......its a massey harris factory or massey ferguson factory 101 senior? Never been around a 101 senior but I know the massey harris 55 diesels were a beast in their day!! Would love to own a massey harris 555 diesel someday if i ever find one.....about as rare as hens teeth it seems!! LOL! Thanks LUKE

#19 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 29, 2010 - 09:13 PM

Massey Harris owned their own factories, And built their own tractors, you just have to travel to Batavia, NY to see one that still stands today. Ask any Farmer that farmed back then If they will admit it, What Tractor was a beast in the field and on a belt and they will say the MH 101 Sr.

The question I posed was restricted to the manufacture of Massey Ferguson garden tractors and lawn tractors only. Massey used several different subcontractors over the years and Ingersoll was but one of them. I don't know how Massey Harris fit into any of that.

#20 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 01:16 AM

Yeah......definitely will agree to that one hydriv.....not sure what that has to do with the thread I started on the whole RM 60 mower deck under my MF 1655? As you stated above Massey Harris really doesn't fit into anything here but I do appreciate the post 101 senior! I was able to acquire a few measurements from a buddy of a friend and have concluded that the RM 60 will fit under my tractor. So now the quest is on to finding one of these critters!! Thanks to all who as posted on my thread!! Luke