Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Case/Ingersoll RM60 mower deck on a MF1655???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 12:29 AM

Have spotted a few Case/Ingersoll RM60 60" cut decks on ebay and they look 2 be a spin off of the 54" massey decks? they use a timing belt/cogged pulley system like massey but only difference other then mounts is they drive the center pulley with a v belt instead of a gearbox. Does anyone know if parts are still available for these decks or is it like the extinct massey deck parts!? Looks like it would adapt easily to a MF tractor, sure would be nice to have a larger deck, plus something you can get parts for also! Check them out and let me know what you guys think!? Thanks Luke

#2 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 01:02 AM

heres a pic of a deck.......!B52kUT!BWk~$(KGrHqIOKigEyVk!5E)gBMvNKKllpQ~~_12.jpg

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 02:05 AM

Parts are very much available and reasonably priced

email
salempwr@aol.com
for parts

#4 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 05:54 AM

Case-Ingy owners have a love-hate relationship with their 60" decks. They either love them or hate them. One collector I know told me the best thing to do with a 60" deck is to put it up for sale. I have one on a 448 (not RM version) and I am kind of leaning toward the hate side, if for no other reason than it is so big it is hard to move around and store. It mows fine, and I suppose if I had a large expanse of straight mowing to do I would appreciate it more, but my sheep handle those mowing tasks.

Many owners complain that they have trouble keeping the blades in time, and hitting a blade on an object is cause to start crying.

When I got mine I went through it and replaced some missing parts. I bought them from Brian(Salem Power) as suggested by Mike. I rarely stray ouside of the Colt-Case-Ingy line so I have little experience in the cost of parts between lines, but I would not characterize Ingy parts as "reasonable". I have dealt with Brian for a few years now and find him to be a great resource.448.jpg Here's a Picture of my deck. It is huge!

#5 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thanks guys for the replys......I have alot of mowing and I want a huge deck......my 54 inch massey deck is kinda outdated sizewise these days! I'm very familiar with the problem of timing blades since the massey is made the same. The cost of the parts don't scare me as much, I just don't want to purchase a Caqse-Ingy deck and then find that the parts are no longer available to rebuild it! Been there done that with my massey deck now!!! Other then being big, how do they mow?.....any problems of scalping. leaving grass strips, etc...... The model I'm looking at is the RM60. thanks

#6 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 12:29 PM

Mike, who am I emailing at this address? Do they have a website or offer a partsbook.......I don't know any parts numbers. Phone number? Thanks Luke

#7 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 01:41 PM

Mike, who am I emailing at this address? Do they have a website or offer a partsbook.......I don't know any parts numbers. Phone number? Thanks Luke

Brian Hildreth
President
Salem Power Equipment, LLC
Plymouth, MI 48170
734-649-1781
bhildret@aol.com

Go to INGERSOLL and click on the Illustrated Parts link. Then scroll down and find the red bar for the decks and click on the X. Scroll down that list and find the RM 60 deck and click on that. You can print out that parts book or download it to a file on your hard drive.

Edited by hydriv, October 24, 2010 - 01:53 PM.

#8 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 01:51 PM

Thanks guys for the replys......I have alot of mowing and I want a huge deck......my 54 inch massey deck is kinda outdated sizewise these days! I'm very familiar with the problem of timing blades since the massey is made the same. The cost of the parts don't scare me as much, I just don't want to purchase a Caqse-Ingy deck and then find that the parts are no longer available to rebuild it! Been there done that with my massey deck now!!! Other then being big, how do they mow?.....any problems of scalping. leaving grass strips, etc...... The model I'm looking at is the RM60. thanks

As it currently stands, parts are available for Ingersoll, Case and Colt products and some of those parts go back 40 plus years. The RM 60 deck is still in production and will likely remain so for years to come. Case and Ingersoll decks provide a cut that is as good as any, if not better, than any deck out there... including Simplicity. It all comes down to setting it up properly. The wider a deck is, the more prone it is to scalping high spots and the brand of deck doesn't matter.

I realize that you guys are thoroughly entrenched in your MF marque but Ingersoll made some of your precious Massey models back in the early 90's. They just got a Kohler instead of a Vanguard plus some cosmetic changes but other than that, those tractors were all pure Ingersoll. Tell me. Did Massey EVER make a lawn or garden tractor in a plant they owned and operated or did the just farm it all out to sub-contractors?

#9 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hydriv, If I'm understanding you correctly what your telling me is I can order a brand new RM 60 mower deck from Ingersoll yet? Yes, I do realize Ingersoll built a lawnmower for massey in the late 80's or early 90's. Never really payed attention to them at the time since i was fooling around with massey #7 and #12's then. I think MF designed and built the executive series then the #7,8,10,12,14,and 16 and also the 85,1200,1400,1450,1600,1650,1655 and 1855 then snapper bought them out. Thanks Luke

#10 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hydriv, If I'm understanding you correctly what your telling me is I can order a brand new RM 60 mower deck from Ingersoll yet?

Sure. How deep are your pockets? Are you sitting down? A new RM 60 deck is probably around $2000.00.

Give this man a call.

Brian Hildreth
President
Salem Power Equipment, LLC
Plymouth, MI 48170
734-649-1781

Or send him an e-mail at bhildret@aol.com

Brian is an Ingy dealer and he will give you a good, fair price for that deck. He might even have a line on a nice used one.

#11 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 10:00 PM

"I think MF designed and built the executive series then the #7,8,10,12,14,and 16 and also the 85,1200,1400,1450,1600,1650,1655 and 1855 then snapper bought them out. "

Massey Ferguson purchased Badger Northland in the mid 70s and produced the #7,8,10,12,14,and 16 there in Kaukauna ,Wi.
To the best of my knowledge the 85,1200,1400,1450,1600,1650,1655 and 1855 where built by Snapper in Mc Donlley, GA.
I understand that when Massey gave up due to lack of sales, Snapper cut a deal to use and produce the same tractor with the Snapper brand. Of coarse they gave up as well on that series. A bit ahead of its time for the money IMHO.
I bought my first 1855 from my local Massey dealer in "77 when I quit dairy farming. That was one of the best tractors I have owned.
Yes us Massey guy are quite passionate about that tractor.

#12 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 09:10 AM

Thanks hydriv! Appreciate the info! Luke Yeah that deck runs $2,700.00 plus tax and shipping

#13 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 01:38 PM

Not a bad price for what it is
BUT for that price you can get a used Turf tiger or Laser z

#14 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 08:58 PM

Does anyone have a RM 60 deck that they could measure 4 me? I need to see if it will even fit under my massey tractor! Need the width measurement......have had a hard time finding those measurements! I'm worried about front to rear wheel clearance and also when I turn the tractor left to right clearance!? Thanks everybody! Luke

#15 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted October 26, 2010 - 06:05 PM

I do not have the RM deck. Mine is an M48 but my measurements are 60" wide with a 10" deflector chute. The main deck is 22" with the two front mounted anti-scalp wheels 6" from the front of the deck. They are at the corners so they are substantially wider than my front wheels. The rear axle has wheels that extend about 5" behind the deck.

The difference between my deck and the RM deck is the RM is a right discharge deck and my M model is left discharge. The RM decks go on Ingy Models that have the engines mounted at 180 degrees.

If you have any further questions, need more measurements or pictures let me know.