Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Local Rednecks At It Again

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,476 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:00 PM

These guys actually have some decent fab ideas, but they cobble everything together and only know how to "booger" weld. I bought the front dump bucket for my suburban from them, after a few mods, it was worth the $75 I paid.

So here is their new creation, kind of neat idea, but I can only imagine the fab on it  i.e. notice the duct tape sealant on the hydraulic line.

http://cincinnati.cr...3753625432.html

suburban post.jpg suburban post 2.jpg

suburban post 3.jpg suburban post 4.jpg

#2 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:33 PM

yeah, I posted this in the "CL of the day" thread last week. looks like a mess from the word go.

#3 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,476 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:26 PM

I must've missed your post.

They regularly sell suburbans or home made suburban attachments on CL, mostly with the "honda" clones they get from Harbor Freight, usually a conglomeration of parts, never have hoods on them. 

As I said, they do have some good ideas, just carried out in redneck fashion. They doing fencing as,well, their "full time" job so I guess when they have no business, they build this stuff.

Here is the bucket I bought from them, you can see all the junk they use and just throw together. I did some cutting and re-welding, litte better design and works great for me.

100_0957.jpg

100_0954.jpg

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 01:26 PM

Yes very much cobbled up. But I sure could used that post auger around my place for a few weeks.

#5 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,652 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:39 PM

What is that vertical 2x2 post that is cut and bent? ..... and what pulls up on that trip lever?

#6 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Must be fun to watch when it hits something and they get caught up it the hoses :bigrofl:

#7 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:28 PM

If they don't have the relief set real low, if that auger hangs up, someone is going to get hurt mighty bad!  DANGEROUS!

#8 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:04 AM

If they don't have the relief set real low, if that auger hangs up, someone is going to get hurt mighty bad!  DANGEROUS!

That is my thought, I dont' see any type of safety clutch/slip.

I guess if you got the flow right it could be useful mounted to a 3pt. If they just cobbled it together there is no telling how fast (or slow) the auger spins.

#9 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,476 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:28 AM

What is that vertical 2x2 post that is cut and bent? ..... and what pulls up on that trip lever?

The vertical post held the trip mechanism. They just cut, bent, and then added a strap to the back and welded it all. They originally had a long bar that was connected to a mowing deck lift arm that was bolted to the side of their tractor that raised/lowered and then they had a rope or wire connected to the latch mechanism to trip the dump. I got rid of all that, moved the 2x2 over a bit and now it's a self trip when it get high enough, latch hits my winch arm that sticks out, dumps bucket. Since they do fencing, they uses a privacy fence gate latch. I have to add an extra plate to it as I bent it, but actually a good idea. Works pretty well. I've moved mucho yards of mulch, tons of rock/gravel/dirt, and sometimes actually leave it in dump position, lower bucket on ground and use to grade. After it dumps, I just lower it to ground while reversing and once low enough, the bucket re-latches.

As I said they have some good ideas, just typical redneck execution.

Here it is dumped, maybe you can see how it works, best pic I have

photobucket-10281-1358177293587.jpg

Edited by TAHOE, May 02, 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,343 Thanks
  • 39,621 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:49 AM

That's a simple rear bucket. Hadn't thought of something like that. Thanks for sharing it!

#11 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,476 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:49 AM

That's a simple rear bucket.

Not sure what to say Larry since it's a "front" bucket :D

It would probably work well on the rear too if it was shortened up and some type of actuator or winch mounted. It would be close enough you could make a handle, just reach around and trip it.

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,343 Thanks
  • 39,621 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:13 PM

Duh! I concentrated on the bucket, I guess! :bigrofl: