#1 Gtractor ONLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,378 Thanks
  • 3,804 posts

Posted October 23, 2010 - 10:39 AM

I don't know why I can't get my pics right, they are always too big or too small.
This is my Struck minidozer. I put it in custom tractors because it has been modified quite a bit. This went through a building fire in about 1980 and was destroyed. In 1981 it was redesigned and rebuilt to be better than original. The heat did bad things to the aluminum Techumseh engine, so its crankshaft [the only part recognizable] was pitched and a 14 horse Kohler was installed. The drive is all stock with V-belts and chain. It came to me with a bucket on the front, but I didn't like it and when picking up dirt or gravel it was too light on the rear. The cylinders would lift the wrong end!! The upgrades also include two way hydraulics. As with all these crawlers, if it was a hydrostat, it would be great. I have pushed some dirt with it and it worked well but it needs some tweaking as the belts jump off at times. The idler pulleys are out of line is really its only problem I can see, but they are very hard to get to without complete disassembly of the drive. My brother found the blade thats on it now in a friends scrap pile. we don't know what it was originally built for but it looks great on there.

Edited by Gtractor, October 23, 2010 - 06:16 PM.

• Billythekid419 said thank you