Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

78' Jd 316 W/ Wright Way Loader.....valuation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TravisL OFFLINE  

TravisL
  • Member No: 34488
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:28 PM

My dad has a fairly nice JD 316(the old one with the 16hp kohler single.  It's been repainted(just a nice rattle can job, nothing show worthy, looks fine though in my opinion.  The motor has about 5hrs on fresh rebuild(was burning oil), new bore/piston etc.  Liquid filled ags, newer fronts(mismatched though), nice newer seat. Home made counter weight, approx. 200lbs if I recall.

The loader is a wright way but is set up to run on the tractors front couplers JD valves, not the old wright way stuff. It's been cleaned up and sprayed, new stainless pivot pins, hard lines, and in the midst of getting all new hoses made up for it.  The buckt isn't the greatest thing in the world, I think it's cut down from an old manure bucket and not the orginal.  New scraper bar going with it though.

Comes with a deck, but it likely needs all new bearings and such, not been used in many many moons and looks rough.

He was building it to keep it for his acreage, but he is pining for a nice golf car and has other tractors(BIG 6' Jacobsen mowers, Allis WC, sears sub 12) to take care of his place.  At any rate, his golf cart broke down and he wants to buy a newer one instead of fixing it.  He uses the cart for driving around town and giving his grand kids rides, so it's important to him.  He really doesn't know what the machine is worth so I thought I'd ask you guys here as you've gotten some glowing reviews from the gentleman who bought my bolens hdt1000 from me.

Picture isnt' the newest or greatest, but it's relatively accurate.  I'll try to get more, and better as soon as I get a chance, be a few weeks yet before the lines are on and it's done.

Thank you all.

Attached Thumbnails

• 163.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Travis, First off WELCOME to GTtalk, glad you have joined us here.

As far as the 316 and loader goes, I am going to guess that you should be able to get 400.00 to 500.00 for the tractor and figure on 700.00 to 1,000.00 for the loader. The only problem is you don't have a dedicated hydraulic pump and valves for the loader, that doesn't take a little away from the value. I would guess that if you got offered 1,200.00, it would be a good offer.

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Welcome, Travis!

I can't give you an absolute value, but don't take a penny and a song on that setup.  It should command a pretty decent usefulness value.  Green tractors plus a loader is a great selling combination, and something I would even buy to keep. 

Brian is probably close in my mind (he usually is) so in my very humble opinion he is the man to listen to. 

Ben W.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#4 TravisL OFFLINE  

TravisL
  • Member No: 34488
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 08:59 PM

We actually do have the old valve and pump set up, so it could be used that way as well, just not how it's currently setup.