#61 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 03:08 AM

Just wanted to add an update in an e-mail I received from NAPA. Sea Foam is on sale until Feb 28th for $6.99 for a 16oz bottle. It says at participating stores so you may want to check with your local NAPA store to see  if they are selling at the sale price.

Grand, been a little while since you posted, how have you been ?

• grand said thank you

#62 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 05:01 PM

Grand, been a little while since you posted, how have you been ?

I've been doing well. Thanks for asking. I usually have a quick look at the site everyday but I'm sure not the best at posting. I will be posting more once spring arrives and we start going to plow days and tractor shows.

• olcowhand, KennyP and trowel have said thanks

#63 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 05:09 PM

I've been doing well. Thanks for asking. I usually have a quick look at the site everyday but I'm sure not the best at posting. I will be posting more once spring arrives and we start going to plow days and tractor shows.

I sure hope so!  How's Linda doing?  

• grand said thank you

#64 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for asking Daniel. Linda has been doing really well. It has been almost 10 months since the doctor released her from her ankle problem. Her diabetes is well under control.Her only problem now is cabin fever and waiting for spring.

• olcowhand, KennyP and trowel have said thanks

#65 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,525 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 05:32 PM

I think we all have a case of 'cabin fever'! Good to hear things are going well there, grand.

• grand said thank you

#66 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Great to

Thanks for asking Daniel. Linda has been doing really well. It has been almost 10 months since the doctor released her from her ankle problem. Her diabetes is well under control.Her only problem now is cabin fever and waiting for spring.

Great to hear!  And yes, warmer weather sure will be nice.  Heading back to teens for lows starting tomorrow night.

#67 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Great to

Great to hear!  And yes, warmer weather sure will be nice.  Heading back to teens for lows starting tomorrow night.

Here now too,

Looking forwards.

#68 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,275 Thanks
  • 1,770 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 04:56 PM

I got sea foam to add to my gas and passed on marvel mystery oil. Did I make the right choice?

#69 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:49 PM

I got sea foam to add to my gas and passed on marvel mystery oil. Did I make the right choice?

If 10 people respond, you will have 10 different views....Actually only 2......yes right choice, no wrong choice.

I use it and have had success. I would imagine each product has it's good and bad points....everything/body does!

#70 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,525 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 07:54 PM

You can do both if you chose! MMO has been around for years!

• trowel said thank you

#71 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 09:00 PM

When I get a motor with a crapped up carb I will fill the carb up with seafoam and let it sit overnight. Then the next morning I will pull the spark plug and crank it over a bit (yes it will hydrolock if you don't I know from experience). If it starts after the plug goes back in I have just saved myself a carb rebuild.

• trowel and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#72 Stroud OFFLINE  

Stroud
  • Member No: 53869
  • 21 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 10:24 PM

I have tried marvel's and sea foam in my 1988 Cherokee and in my 1950 Massey to-20. In the Cherokee the response to rpm, torque, and engine temp all fall into a nice harmony with about a 2.7 improved mpg. (1988 Cherokee, 5.5 inches lift, 31x10.50 tires, and a new process 242 transfer case that is stuck in full time four wheel drive). 12.2 to 14.9 while using the product on the first fill up. After filling up the following times, it will revert to it's normal after about 700 miles on the odometer. My 1989 Dodge D 250 will wield the same results. When I used the sea foam on my Massey or my Jake's I only noticed a cleaner smell from the exhaust. I did notice a very slight improvement in the way that when I was putting the machine under a severe task it did not lag as much., but they did run hotter. I have a 1950 cj_3a and a1960 truck with the 226 super hurricane. At the time they built these motors they were also building one motor for many countries at the same time. Unstable octane levels were present. They installed harder valves and seats to overcome this problem. Pre 1973 dump in what you have, it will not matter. When we ingested into the unleaded era the bottom line of our mowers and tractors did not change much. The most improvement at that time was to take chiseled (I know it is spelled wrong ,but tell a kindle that it can't spell.) and open the office. Treat all of your unleaded fuel products as a semi 2 stroke and add some alternative oil to combat the higher combustion temp that the ethanol creates. Yes we have an unstable fuel but we find our ways. Bless us.

#73 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 09:51 AM

In the past I have posted when one of the auto supply stores has Sea Foam on sale. But the other day I had a pleasant surprise. About a year ago they built a Dollar General just north of town. I jokingly refer to it as the Dover Wal Mart because it will be about the only shopping this little town will see for awhile. I was checking out and saw that they had Sea Foam on the shelf behind the register. The best part was the price, $7.50 for the 16oz bottle. Also when you check out you get a $5 coupon off of a $25 purchase on the next Saturday. So Saturday I'll go to Dollar General and get several more bottles of Sea Foam and a $5 discount. I don't know if this price will be the same at all of their stores, or will vary by region. Let us know if anybody has a chance to check it out.

• KennyP, WHdbJD and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#74 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,525 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted June 13, 2014 - 06:07 AM

It's normally $6.99 at the local Atwoods here.

#75 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted June 13, 2014 - 02:03 PM

It's normally $6.99 at the local Atwoods here.

I get it for $6.89 at our Local Menards. All the auto stores here have it for $8.99-11.99, crazy mark up.

• Bill 76 said thank you