grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 10:44 AM

I don't think I've ever seen that stuff for sale in Canada, never even heard of it till I started searching the web.

I was under the same rock as others. Never heard of the stuff till I saw a post on this site. Seafoam site does list Canadian dealers which I'm sure you saw. Found out about the shelf life on Sta-Bil when we were moving I found a bottle sitting in the corner of the shed. Had turned quite nasty looking. Will definitely be looking for Seafoam. If Daniel says to use it, stuff must be good.

#17 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 11:40 AM

I just picked up a bottle a few days ago. It seems to do the trick...

#18 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 03:55 PM

MASTIFFLAWYER, did you mean substitute ATF for the kerosene, or the alcohol?

thanks, george

#19 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 06:43 PM

For the alcohol.
  • dryrun said thank you

#20 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Did a search and found out where they sell it in Canada, I have to try some.

Sea Foam | Canadian Retailers

#21 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:11 PM

I went to the closest NAPA parts center today to get a valve cover gasket for my old car. When I pulled up in front of the store there was a sign in the window advertising SeaFoam for sale at $6.49 a bottle. It was the 16 oz container that usually sells almost everywhere for about $9.99. Their regular price here was $9.39. I was told this price should be available at all NAPA stores until the end of the month. I was unable to find this discount on their website so hopefully you folks will find this price at a NAPA store near you.
  • Bolens 1000, daytime dave, Gtractor and 1 other said thanks

#22 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 07:14 AM

Did a search and found out where they sell it in Canada, I have to try some.

Sea Foam | Canadian Retailers

Our local Canadian Tire store now has it.

Garry - 3 hours north of Toronto

#23 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 07:46 AM

I went to the closest NAPA parts center today to get a valve cover gasket for my old car. When I pulled up in front of the store there was a sign in the window advertising SeaFoam for sale at $6.49 a bottle. It was the 16 oz container that usually sells almost everywhere for about $9.99. Their regular price here was $9.39. I was told this price should be available at all NAPA stores until the end of the month. I was unable to find this discount on their website so hopefully you folks will find this price at a NAPA store near you.

Thank you Grand!
I'm going to go over to Napa today :bounce:

#24 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 09:02 AM

Thats a GREAT deal, Thanks Grand

#25 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 02:12 PM

Was anybody else able to get Sea Foam on sale at their local NAPA ? I hope you all were able to but was just curious.

#26 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 04:40 PM

Was anybody else able to get Sea Foam on sale at their local NAPA ? I hope you all were able to but was just curious.

Yep, I got 2 Bottles :thumbs:

#27 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 05:27 PM

I'm not sure if I mentioned it,but Canadian Tire is now selling Sea Foam,or at least the one near me is,so I would assume that they all are.

#28 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 07:54 PM

I have used Seafoam with good results.

I prefer Purple cleaner to simple green. I added it to my electrolysis mix the other day (I am no olnger a electro virgin) because the spindles were still heavily greased. The bubbles started being produced much better when i added it to the mix and it got most of the grease out.

#29 Aussiedog OFFLINE  

Aussiedog

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3089
  • 56 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 11:50 AM

My wife's '93 Lincoln Towncar started to burn oil at 120,000 miles.:confuse: We loved this big luxury car because it was fully paid for, got 23mpg in the city, 29 mpg on the highway and never gave us any problems. The dealer told us we needed a brand new engine ($4,000+), but that didn't make any sense to me since we never abused that car and changed and serviced its oil regularly every 3000 miles since new. I researched Google and started to read about Seafoam, the "mechanic's miracle secret in a can". I read stories from folks where they picked up cheap or free outboard motors, lawn mowers, motorcycles and other equipment because the previous Seller couldn't get them started and then would go home and add or spray Seafoam (and its cousin Deep Creep) into the gas and engine components for an hour or so and then try to turn them over. In most cases, tremendous amounts of crud and blue/white smoke would billow out of the exhaust and then the engines would start to run, rough at first, but then very smooth. Apparently Seafoam was loosening up the built up carbon deposits and dissolving built up fuel varnishes. This crud finally burns up and blows out through the exhaust.

I had nothing to lose and knew I just had to give it a try. A can of Seaform costs $6 at NAPA Auto. I disconnected the Lincoln's PCV vaccuum breather hose from the fuel injector and fed it directly into the can of Seaform while the engine was already running and warm. The engine sucked up the full can and shot it directly into the fuel injectors and pistons making the engine start to run real rough until it eventually quit and died. I then turned off the ignition and let the car sit for 20 minutes so the Seafoam could soak away all the built up crud. After the 2o minute soak period I started it back up and ran the engine hard to blow out all the loosened up carbon and other stuff. Huge blue/white smoke came billowing out of the exhaust. My neighbors thought my car was on fire because of the huge clouds forming over my driveway. It looked like an east coast fog bank had swallowed the street. After 2-3 minutes of running it hard in the driveway I drove it out onto the road to run it harder. I left a dense "jet trail" of billowing blue/white exhaust as I drove down the stree out to my favorite back road drag strip. Once there, I locked the transmission in low and then ran the rpms up high, before shifting to second and third watching the smoke cloud in my rearview mirror. I pulled off the road, shut it off and gave it a moments rest. I then restarted it and punched it hard again. This time there was little smoke and then no smoke. I punched it the passing gear expecting to see blue/white smoke again but it was burning totally clean. On the way home I was amazed at responsive my engine suddenly was. It ran felt a brand new car. :dancingbanana:

We kept this car another year and then sold it cheap to a returning war vet who was a mechanic in Iraq. He test drove it, inspected everything and said it was in perfect condition. He said Seafoam really works and that he uses it too.

I now add Seafoam to my gas tank at regular intervals. Car dealers use similar products when they clean out fuel injectors but they charge you $100 for doing it. In addition to removing built up varnish and carbon deposits from engine components they say it can also be added to your engine's crankcase oil and/or transmission fluid (following strict procedural guidelines and immediately followed up by full fluid draining (to remove loosened crud) and clean fluid replacement). I haven't tried doing that yet but it makes sense to me.

Now whenever I see or hear of a free or cheap outboard, lawn tractor or motorcyle I am tempted to try a can of Seafoam on it to see if I can restore its youthful spirit.
seafoam5.jpg Tally HO!!!:wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• seafoam3.jpg
  • seafoam6.jpg
  • seafoam1.jpg
  • seafoam4.jpg
  • seafoam2.jpg

Edited by Aussiedog, May 08, 2011 - 11:55 AM.
want to move thumbnails up with other photos.

• SamMC said thank you

#30 GlenM OFFLINE  

GlenM

• Member No: 3187
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted May 08, 2011 - 03:37 PM

I've become a believer in SeaFoam, worked on a Briggs OHV this spring that had run with valve lash waay out, cleaned carb and reset lash, had a miss at idle, figured a valve had gotten dirty, ran 1 gal of gas w/seafoam thru it, now runs like new.