Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Picked Up Another Panzer. This One Is Rough!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hi guys,

I picked up another Panzer yesterday. The tag is pretty beat up, but I think it says it's a model 1110. The serial number is easily read and is 92220. This thing is ROUGH! I couldn't take very good pictures due to the rain and it being dark. I will post better ones soon. The seat, hood, engine and who knows what else is missing. Everything that is there seems to be rusted tight. I paid $30.00 for it! Yup, $30.00 whole dollars. I got to talking to the guy and he turned out to be a distant cousin. He bought it years ago for scrap, so that's what he sold it for. What a pal! He said, "From my junk pile, to yours." Ha! Well, he wasn't kidding, the front rims are rusted through, all of the tires are dry rotted and the steering shaft is rusted tight. The rear wheels had some sort of a homemade dual wheel set up at one time. There is all-thread through the stud holes and a ring welded to the edge of the rims. The gas tank is rusted and full of debris from the tree it was under. The one thing I found interesting is there was a three point assembly on the rear and an electric/hydraulic pump mounted on the right fender. It's also junk, but I was wondering if it was a factory accessory, or a homemade "add-on." I will post pictures soon. I do not think this is a candidate for restoration, but I haven't seen any square body Panzers around here. So this one may be my conversation piece. I look forward to your comments!

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#2 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:29 AM

That's still a good deal for $30!!!! We can probably help more with the 3 point and pump when you post pics. I think they are most likely add-on's as I don't think Panzer made anything like that. I could be wrong though. Good score :thumbs:  We'll be waiting for the pics!!!!!!

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me.  You've got a good friend: I'm glad he saved it from the scrapyard back then!

What engine do you need to make it run?

Ben W.

• Clint said thank you

#4 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 12:19 AM

Here are some pictures of this poor neglected Panzer.

101_4090.JPG

Hodge podge dual wheel assembly.

101_4091.JPG

All of the missing guts!

101_4092.JPG

All of the missing guts!

101_4093.JPG

Hodge podge dual wheel assembly.

101_4094.JPG

Here is the hydraulic pump reservoir and motor assembly.

101_4095.JPG

The three point arm.

101_4096.JPG

Model/serial number tag.

101_4097.JPG

Three point attachment.

101_4098.JPG

Three point attachment.

• sacsr said thank you

#5 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:34 AM

wow that thing is bad. but for 30 bucks the rear end is worth that.

#6 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:02 PM

That's yard art if nothing else! Make that thing a planter after parting out those rear tires if their still good.

#7 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 04:00 PM

Everything on this thing is rusted TIGHT! I can't even move the jackshaft. The tires are junk, the engine is missing and I don't think there is much that is salvagable. Oh well. I've spent more on less. This should be the cheapest Panzer at my estate sale some day. I feel bad for the poor sap that has to make those arrangements! Lol. Does anyone have any information on the pump or three point that is mounted on this thing? It looks VERY homemade.

Edited by Clint, May 17, 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#8 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 12:00 PM

This should be the cheapest Panzer at my estate sale some day..... Does anyone have any information on the pump or three point that is mounted on this thing? It looks VERY homemade.

I have a friend who says his goal in life is to have the world's biggest estate sale. :D
As far as the hitch, I agree, very home made except for the brackets coming off the rear.

Edited by Canawler, May 18, 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#9 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Late to the game... as usual.  But I'd have to think that this was rigged to perhaps spray fertilizer or spread salt or something to that effect.  The 1110 was one of the last models made and this one is rusted out much more that even some of the older ones that had been left out in the elements.  So I'm thinking it had to have been exposed to some corrosive stuff along the way.  Good luck!