3 replies to this topic

#1 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 06:36 PM

I had been thinking a landscape rake would be a very useful addition to my implement collection.

I had watched a good video on the Bayou Gardener site. But when Ryan posted pictures of what he was doing with his, that pushed me over the top.

Yes I KNOW IT'S BACKWARDS. I was toping the ridges in the garden before I tilled and forwards was a little too aggressive.

I'll have pictures of the tilling tomorrow or Monday, it was a bit wet so will have to retill.

photo10_zps0ab09aae.jpg

• sacsr, Rock farmer, Dieselcubmike and 1 other said thanks

#2 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:06 PM

That's a very useful implement! Especially for seed bed prep and gravel drives. Mine has gage wheels at the ends. But perhaps just one gage wheel in the center would do?

Jor
  • JD DANNELS said thank you

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:49 PM

Looks good! I wish mine would turn around like that; a half hour after my Dad got it he was already cutting it apart. I don't know exactly, but something did not fit. Because of the modifications it will not turn around like that, so I have to use it in reverse and have tire tracks left behind.

• JD DANNELS said thank you

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 08:38 PM

That's a very useful implement! Especially for seed bed prep and gravel drives. Mine has gage wheels at the ends. But perhaps just one gage wheel in the center would do?
Jor

YesI couldn't resist trying it on my 1/4 mile lane. It turned up a lot of gravel.

I am getting along fine without the gauge wheels. But when i try using it to rake grass clippings for mulch in the pasture that might change?