• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Similar to the Bobcat mower I have listed also only smaller.

This mower came to me w/a dead Tec VH 100 cast iron engine (try finding any internal parts for those any more, let alone if you need oversize/undersize)  so I put a freshly rebuilt L head Briggs 12.5 HP, I/C on it, to repower.

This engine was bored 0.010 the crank was machined undersized with appropriate NEW piston rings and rod installed, carb rebuilt, valves ground, the whole works.  Maybe 15 hours on this engine since.

Also brand new Genuine Briggs elec starter That's right no need to yank a cord, to start! 

Like the 48" I have listed, I fabd up a battery box and mounted it to the frame below the gas tank. and belts replaced as needed.  This is an older model (guess late 70s/very early 80s) but still works fine. I just mowed my own yard with it yesterday.  Has about the same run time since I have had it as the 48" mower does.  (and that's all the hours on this fresh engine)

If I were to sell 1/keep 1 between the 2, this would be the one I'd keep due to sheer size and  space needed to store. but I really have no need for either.  Asking $550 or reasonable offer

Located 1 hr south of Chicago, 1/2 hour west of IL/IN line

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 01:42 PM

OK; my son listed on Chicago CL, with pix,  price he listed there a lil more since most CL lookers (yeah not all I know) want something for nothing

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:53 PM

OK been moved to "farm n Garden" on CL, my son had listed in "General" for sale   

The L head 12.5HP Briggs went thru the local machine shop was bored, crank cut undersize, new valve guides, even.  Maybe 10 hours on the engine since the rebuild. Runs strong, no smoke, isn't using oil.

You don't see these style mowers very often that are set up with elec start,  the starter itself is brand new at time of engine rebuild.  and OEM Genuine briggs, not a knockoff...

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 08, 2013 - 10:02 PM

got $ down to hold this one  should be leaving this weekend

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:04 PM

mark this sold please, took 2 weeks when buyer said hed be back in 1, but it's gone now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold