• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Here is a Timken Seal interchange chart attached, and I will add it to the manual section also.

Attached Files

• KennyP said thank you

#18 CMBelyea OFFLINE  

CMBelyea
  • Member No: 10647
  • 2 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hey, thanks everyone. This is really helpful input. I feel like a putz now, blaming someone before me. I'll try to change that oil as soon as I can. Deals may have to wait; there's a busy summer awaiting my 10s.

And Amigatec, right after I got the first MF10 I found your you tube channel and watched all if the episodes regarding your MF10 restoration. They were tremendously useful. I was almost heartbroken to see it blowing oil after you got it reassembled. I hope you were able to clear that up.
  • Amigatec said thank you

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 09:09 PM

I changed all the oils in my Sears last week. Farmers often refer to that color as "Calf scour yellow" and is definitely water.

I also made rain caps to put over the shifters on most of the tractors. Find an old inner tube and cut a 6" or so circle. Make a 1/4" hole it the middle and (after taking off the knob) slide it down below the tin work. Just make sure it will do it's job without being in the way of anything. Also make sure it's puckered up, not down like a funnel

On these older (higher tolerance) trannies that aren't being run in sub zero temps, I have gone to 80w-90 oil and been very happy.

Advanced Auto has the best (non special order) price around here. 5 gal pail was $55. That is 10 less than TSC

#20 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hey, thanks everyone. This is really helpful input. I feel like a putz now, blaming someone before me. I'll try to change that oil as soon as I can. Deals may have to wait; there's a busy summer awaiting my 10s.
And Amigatec, right after I got the first MF10 I found your you tube channel and watched all if the episodes regarding your MF10 restoration. They were tremendously useful. I was almost heartbroken to see it blowing oil after you got it reassembled. I hope you were able to clear that up.

Thanks I still haven't gotten to the oil problem, I plan to finish this summer.

#21 CMBelyea OFFLINE  

CMBelyea
  • Member No: 10647
  • 2 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:02 PM

Calf-scour yellow. I'll look for that next time I'm in paint at Home Depot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transaxle, transmission oil leak