#16 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 09:44 AM

I don't know if they currently still advertise this but they used to market this as being able to restore old stale gasoline and make it good as new. :rolling:

They also carry this at all the Walmarts around here.  I believe it's been on clearance since last fall and it's still on the shelves because even the clearance price is too high.

The stuff may work as a stabilizer (but not for three years) but it costs dramatically more than other stabilizers dose for dose.

• hamman and larryd have said thanks

#17 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:57 AM

I use sta bil year around with fairly good results

larryd

• hamman said thank you

#18 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 12:32 PM

The high grades still have ethanol. The only difference is the higher grades have less cuts therefore being a more 'pure' (lack of a better word) gasoline. The ONLY thing I put in my machines is Ethanol free.

To find a ethanol free gas station near you visit this website: http://pure-gas.org

I use high test now in my power equipment as our low and mid grade fuels have up to 10% ethanol. I think if you use these products on an ongoing basis thay work better than trying to treat an already gummed up carb. That's a pretty tough job for any chemical treatment.

• hamman, JDBrian and larryd have said thanks

#19 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 12:46 PM

I know of a couple of mechanics that spend time WITH a bottle.

• hamman, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and larryd have said thanks

#20 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:14 PM

The high grades still have ethanol. The only difference is the higher grades have less cuts therefore being a more 'pure' (lack of a better word) gasoline. The ONLY thing I put in my machines is Ethanol free.

To find a ethanol free gas station near you visit this website: http://pure-gas.org

In my Province it says all stations dispense ethanol free gas but the pumps for low and mid grade now say up to 10% Ethanol at many stations. I guess the High grade is ethanol free according to that site.

• hamman said thank you

#21 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:29 PM

All my spring, summer and fall eqpt. gets the tank emptied and run them 'til they die for their winter sleep. Hasn't failed me yet for quite a few yrs.

Mike

• hamman and SearsYellow have said thanks

#22 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:54 PM

All my spring, summer and fall eqpt. gets the tank emptied and run them 'til they die for their winter sleep. Hasn't failed me yet for quite a few yrs. Mike
I do the same thing but do you use ethanol free gas?
  • hamman said thank you

#23 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:46 AM

I do the same thing but do you use ethanol free gas?

Nope,

Mike

#24 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have been working with b3c fuel solution for about 2 years they have the best fuel additive on the market.I have been able too see some of test results to back my statement. The ethanol standard has been moved to 15 percent. I have had my tractors sit for up to six month in storage over the winter and have fired right up in spring.The product ethanol shield works really well. Seafoam is good product but does do not a any fuel stablizer in it.I have a friend who works in a mower shop and the have done fuel test and have had gas with up to 20 percent ethanol in it.The big mower companies such as exmark, scag and some other will not stand behind warrenty work for fuel related issue.That is complete crock of crap.You go and 8000 to 15000 on new zero turn go to the pump and get bad gas and you are left with the bill.

• hamman said thank you

#25 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 09:19 PM

All my spring, summer and fall eqpt. gets the tank emptied and run them 'til they die for their winter sleep. Hasn't failed me yet for quite a few yrs.

Mike

I totally agree with this philosophy, especially on 2 cycle equipment. If you don't have fuel in the system it is pretty hard for it to go bad. Worked for me for many years.  :thumbs:

• hamman said thank you