2 replies to this topic

#1 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:01 PM

Placed an order with Agri-Supply this morning the hiller discs should be here by next Wednesday.

• larryd said thank you

#2 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:35 PM

Which discs?  The 1 1/4" shank discs?  The IH tool bar clamp or someting else?  Buckeye tractor's clamp?

What size tool bar?  I am thinking about 2x2 with Buckeye's clamps and Agrisupply's discs.  It will probably have to wait until next year, since I haven't started and the potatoes are going in this weekend.

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:47 PM

I got the 16 inch discs with the 22 inch shanks. I think they said the were 1 3/16 inch shanks. The 16 inch shanks might have been plenty but for a buck why chance it? My tractor has 24 inch rear wheels so better safe than sorry. I think it will be 2X2 square if I can find it. I heve not been over to my brothers yet but he said he had the tube. Think i will build the clamps myself, they depend on what i find to work with. I want to be able to make raised beds 48 inches wide so I think i am going 5 foot. I can always narrow it if that does not work. But the wheels are set out to 47 inches on my tractor so i need to be abel to cover that.
I planted potatoes three weeks ago and it has rained all but 3 days since and has been cold. So they are not up yet. So I have a few weeks before I ave to hill them.

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 24, 2013 - 09:50 PM.