#1 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:26 PM

I work all the time now and am not around much so updates will probably be slow so bear with me. As a history, here is a link to the how the previous owner acquired it. http://gardentractor...monster tiller  I don't really have any pictures. Last year near the end of October I took the trek from  Bernville PA up to Michigan (can't remember the town) Which was quite a ride. I arrived in town late and slept over in a nearby parking lot until morning. I was en-route to my families place in Buffalo NY so I had a Honda 200s  3 wheeler on the truck to begin with. After picking up the tiller from kubotakid that morning I was very overloaded and rubbing my tires on the bed so I limped the rig down the road to the nearest auto parts store, bought and then installed some helper springs in the parking lot. I then drove towards NY. My next stop was in Oberlin Ohio at OldBuzzards place where he has quite an extensive collection of Bolens tractors and implements. I picked up some Bolens accessories for Newpaws493 there and then jumped back on the interstate. I arrived in Buffalo NY that night at 7 pm after driving all day in the rain. That is how I acquired the tiller. Since then the engine has been removed and dissembled and a gasket kit was bought for it. That is how it sits today. Slow progress but my brother is doing the work so far. Hopefully next year I will have time for tinkering again. The tiller will probably be done by then but I doubt I will be out of projects. :D

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,582 Thanks
  • 3,962 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:42 PM

That is a beast of a tiller. How big is that engine?

#3 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 12:25 PM

That is a beast of a tiller. How big is that engine?

Sorry for the late reply but I am finally back for the summer with some time on my hands so I'll try to update some on here.
The engine is a Wisconsin TH 2 cylinder rated at 16.5 hp at 2300 rpm. Quite a beast. Not sure how much it weighs by itself but I'd guess around 200 lbs.
  • shorty said thank you

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,582 Thanks
  • 3,962 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 06:06 PM

Sorry for the late reply but I am finally back 

Welcome back! Are you still moving buildings yet?

#5 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 10:38 PM

Welcome back! Are you still moving buildings yet?

I actually am not. It was fun but working the long hours got old and I wanted to do more things so I left last December and have been traveling around enjoying life. I promised my family I'd be back for the summer so here I am back home. No plans after that. Have been working on the rototiller and it should be turning dirt next week. I'll try to get some pictures of the the progress sometime.
  • shorty said thank you

#6 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 07:30 PM

A couple pictures of what it looks like. I am almost ready to put it back together. Just waiting on a part from the machine shop and tires which might be here tomorrow. Then some oil that will leave the yellow metals alone and it should be turning dirt. I am not going to paint it at this point. Maybe if I run out of things to do some other time.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#7 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 17, 2014 - 07:23 PM

Played around in the shop some more today. Can't get a hold of the machine shop so no part from them yet but I got some new rubber in the mail today.
image.jpg
I got my brother to help me lift the engine off the bench today and got that installed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I took apart the bottom end of the transmission apart and have a few more bearings and seals I want to replace. Since it has a limited slip differential it has four bearings, two for each half of the axle.

image.jpg
I got the handlebars on and the control levers.
image.jpg
Sorry for the poor images but my shop is dark, very small and I have to much stuff.
  • Alc said thank you