• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • Member No: 33136
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:28 AM

I need some help pricing a Farm King 990, snow blade, plow, mower deck. I realize a lot of detail is needed for accuracy but I can tell you the following:
The tractor was used about 3 years to mow a 3 acre lot, then we bought it from the business.
We bought a plow and a snow blade. The snow blade was used 2 or 3 times. The plow was used once a year, then cleaned, greased and stored. We never used the mower deck, too many trees in the yard.. The tractor was stored under a tarp the rest of the time.
Condition: Tractor was last used to pull the plow in 2011, put away and not used since. (hubby died). It looks faded and seat is worn. Left front tire is flat. I know the hydraulics work, can't even guess at the rest. Probably needs a battery and someones magic touch.
Mower deck sat outside, on end, against a tree. It looks rusty but is not rusted, ie no holes or thin spots.
Plow is excellent condition, always stored inside and blade greased.
Snow blade also sat outside, up on blocks but looks solid. We stopped using it after we got a front end loader.
I can sell as a package or separately but would prefer to just have it all gone! I have gotten some very good information from a few members and am grateful. They are suggesting $100 to $150 for the blade and for the plow. I have some low offers for the package but I guess I need to know what is too low and what is too much to ask. I appreciate any help and comments. I live in west central IN.

#2 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:24 PM

very sorry to hear about your husband

A running 990 with deck is worth about $350-400. The plow is an easy $150 or more. Blade, mybe $100
Not running will bring much less

#3 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Joe. . . .my hubby was one of the "good guys" who'd always be helping others on this forum . He was the "go to" man for everyone.
I guess I'd better get that tractor running again. Your estimates are appreciated.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Here's the photos of the 990 that she is talking about.

2012-05-05 15.54.25.jpg 2013-04-23 17.34.28.jpg 2013-04-23 16.30.19.jpg 2013-04-23 16.32.35.jpg 2013-04-23 16.33.14.jpg 2013-04-23 16.34.03.jpg 2013-04-23 16.36.34.jpg 2013-04-23 17.31.59.jpg

#5 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Other then the seat, not bad at all.  I can't see the right side of the tractor, but if I'm not mistaken, the dash doesn't appear to be broken at all on the left side.  That's extremely rare for these tractors.  Plus it's even got the PTO belt guard in place.

Is there a model number sticker on the underside of the dash?  That will tell what model year the tractor is.  I see the bolt on front wheels and quick attach deck mount so it should be a '76 or '77.

Edited by Canawler, April 25, 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#6 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 11:59 AM

The tractor and its attachments have found a new home. I think both buyer and certainly this seller are pleased. This is an fascinating forum that seems full of interesting, helpful and knowledgable men and women. You aren't just passive collectors. You find rusting relics, restore them to original splendor and then share them, use them, enjoy them. In the process you help one another. My sincere thanks to those of you who have welcomed and helped me through this.
  • olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 03:15 PM

I hope you will continue to stick around and post here from time to time. :wave:  We like to hear about all kinds of stuff and always enjoy reading others posts about stuff.

Glad it all worked out for you. :thumbs:

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:41 PM

Glad the 990 & implements have found a good home and you are satisfied with the sale.  Not knowing who your husband was (forum name)on forums, I have to wonder if I've ever corresponded with him.  

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Glad you were able to close a deal on the tractor. We welcome any more info you care to share about your husband. Sounds like he was quite the guy.

This forum is a lot different than a lot out there. We don't let brands stand in the way of sharing. The members here are just a cut above as far as I am concerned!

#10 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:16 PM

Well Sold?  Guess it wasn't Me then!  Oh, well!  I don't really need another one anyway, no room at the Inn sort of speak.  Yeah, where'ld the pix come from, she said she didn't post any and had to come look to see them.  Anyone know if that is the MTD blade?  Didn't seem right to me, and that was my biggest interest.  I would prefer the quick hitch type, which was mentioned as being on this tractor, but didn't see right parts on blade for it to be that type.

#11 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Another member came to my rescue and offered to post the photos for me. I was able to email them to him.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#12 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Anyone know if that is the MTD blade? Didn't seem right to me, and that was my biggest interest. I would prefer the quick hitch type....

That snow blade definitely wasn't what you're looking for. It may have been functional but not a factory MTD piece.

#13 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 03:42 PM

That snow blade definitely wasn't what you're looking for. It may have been functional but not a factory MTD piece.

Nor was the plow, a Sears I think.