#16 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:04 PM

That's a pretty good price. I'm like Brian, if I had GT funds I'd be all over it. I love the Kubota diesels and I love that body style Cub's. That would be turned into a 982D if it were mine!

#17 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Daylight & dark!  The Kubota G4200 I just sold cranked slow also.  I just figured battery.....well, my battery is getting weaker, but that new starter is way better!  Where did you get your starter?

My Z500 cranks pretty fast like that... but it also hits much faster too though. I'm running a small auto battery, 540cca.

#18 bigdaddy198 OFFLINE  

bigdaddy198
  • Member No: 27851
  • 36 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 12:49 AM

I have a 2182 with that kubota 3 cylinder gas motor. Man what a machine sounds awesome fires right off every time has I believe its a 60" deck,power steering, a 60" snow blade and rear tire chains its a monster of a tractor I am thinking about putting her up for sale has 479 hours. The hood has a couple cracks in it but still does the job nice seat no rips has a awesome set of dual disc brakes just like the big machines. These are hard to find tractors I had a diesel but I was not impressed with how it ran very finiky about the fuel. But at any rate from what I have heard these 2182 's have the same short block as the diesel but they are gas and man they are strong. Just figured I would throw that in. Have a good one guys

#19 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Cub Cadet Diesel 1512 is sold.

Thanks

Chuck

#20 skr.bud OFFLINE  

skr.bud
  • Member No: 62848
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hi,

I am looking at a Cub Cadet 1512 Diesel with mower deck and front blade.

My question is what would be a good price to pay?

Not sure of hours, Supposedly starts and runs good.

I had a 1512 a few years ago and my biggest problem was with the limited battery size and ability to get it started. I traded it for some other gt.

Not really sure of my intentions: keep or resell.

Thanks for your replies

Chuck

Chuck

I have a Cub Cadet 1512 with a 4 cyl.  Kubota Diesel Engine.  I would like to sell it, but have not  determined its value.

The 1512 is in excellent mechanical condition. The engine has 789 hours.  The Dash has an Engine Temperature Gage;  an Amp Meter;  an Engine Hour Gage;  an Oil Pressure Indicator;  and a Glow Plug Indicator.   The engine also has a plug in heater for cold weather starts.

I have for it the following accessories:

1.  52” Mower Deck
  2.  44” Snow Blower
  3.  44” Front Blade
  4.  Snow Chains.
  5.  Four Chrome Hub Caps
  6.  1-7/8 Hitch Ball

This 1512 has an electronic PTO which operates the Blade on the Mower Deck and the Augers on the Snow Blower. It also has a Hydraulic System which operates the Lift on the Mower Deck, and the Lift on the Snow Blower. The lift on the front blade is likewise operated off the 1512’s hydro. system as well as the left and right swivel on the blade itself.

I have owned this Cub Cadet since the late 80’s and have original manuals as well as receipts for all repairs done and parts bought.

Model Number:  145882100

Serial Number:    2050606U744696

skr.bud

Edited by skr.bud, October 29, 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#21 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Hi,

I am looking at a Cub Cadet 1512 Diesel with mower deck and front blade.

My question is what would be a good price to pay?
Not sure of hours, Supposedly starts and runs good.

I had a 1512 a few years ago and my biggest problem was with the limited battery size and ability to get it started. I traded it for some other gt.

Not really sure of my intentions: keep or resell.

Thanks for your replies

Chuck

Are you sure it's not a connection problem?, I've got that 3cycl Kubota diesel in the walker, starts with a small 235cc battery, even cold with lots of glow plugging before actually trying to start it. No problems with the battery going down,

#22 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'd love to have a diesel GT. If the only thing that's stopping you is the battery issue then spend the 50$ and get the battery for the job. You'll save that much in fuel within maybe 25 hours of operation.

I agree with this, had lots of gas equipment, but the diesel just seems to settle into the work easier, and the fuel consumption is excellent compared gas,