#1 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Alright everyone. I have been researching the hydro systems on the Case tractors. Now have a better understanding of them. So my project is to add hydro lift circuits to my 222 and 446. So I have an extra travel valve with lift circuit. After researching I found the 600 series used the same valve with a power beyond port. I have since spoke with a machine shop that I deliver to and they told me they could add that port fairly easily while I was there. He even showed me the bit that has an o-ring slot built into it. So in theory the valve will be tapped on the flat spot which I the same spot the 600 series valves were machined. Which in turn should provide me with about 600 PSI of pressure for lifting. My question is what size should I make the port? I was guessing 1/4". My other question was spool valves. I was looking at surplus center but found nothing GT sized. The valves they had were flowing 8 GPM with 1000+ relief. I would think that's too much for a Case lift cylinder or any smaller cylinder. Where is a good place to look? If I used some other GT brand valves (JD 300/400 series), would the handle setup be complicated? I was planning on mounting the new valve on the fender with the handles right there. Even thought of getting a Case tractor metal flip top box to mount them in with the handles protruding out the front. Any thoughts? Any pictures of a similar setup? Thanks in advance.

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

#2 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm guessing no one knows. Anyone?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2