#16 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Who says that?? In Alberta the native american's say if  you harvest a albino moose your family will have prosperity for the rest of your life.. Not that i would shoot one. Heck if a deer looks at me, I mean right at me in the scope i can't find the heart to shoot em.. 

patience, just wait 'til she turns broadside, then WHAM!!!!   works for me...

Edited by James henry, April 23, 2013 - 08:46 AM.

• boyscout862, Team_Green and larryd have said thanks

#17 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Now when im looking at em i make sure the scope doesn't get very high on the neck.. only long enough to confirm what i am shooting..

• Delmar and larryd have said thanks

#18 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 09:21 AM

Wow, wonder what all the other deer think of him, considering how they treated Rudolph :bigrofl:

Thought the same thing John, no reindeer games for him either. Dam racists. Lol
  • John@Reliable, Delmar and larryd have said thanks

#19 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 11:09 AM

I feed the deer in my back yard 60-80lbs of corn a month year round and haven't seen an albino on my camers yet but maybe someday

larryd

• Delmar and oldedeeres have said thanks

#20 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 01:07 PM

I feed the deer in my back yard 60-80lbs of corn a month year round and haven't seen an albino on my camers yet but maybe someday

larryd

thank you for that!  that is way cool! 

I have been placing a game camera in front of a salt lick on my property for the last few years...salt lick has been there for 20 plus years....

• oldedeeres and larryd have said thanks

#21 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 06:45 PM

I forgot . Someone turned a pet doe loose with an orange collar . She's been around daily for about 4yrs now and if your slow and careful you can walk within about 20 feet of her .

larryd

Edited by larryd, April 23, 2013 - 06:46 PM.

• Delmar said thank you

#22 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:19 PM

That deer isn't a true albino, it's nose and eyes aren't pink. Someone posted something about that herd in Missouri before. I don't remember the whole story but I believe they were a different variety of deer and not the typical whitetail. Someone used to keep a small herd of them penned up in northern PA. I've got pictures of them hiding somewhere in the office.

Edited by Canawler, April 23, 2013 - 08:21 PM.

• Delmar and oldedeeres have said thanks

#23 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,750 Thanks
  • 7,522 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Many years ago the importation laws were lax. I was the Town Engineer shared by all the towns in the county.  A farmer in my county got several of the tiny German deer and kept them in a several acre enclosure. They were very cute little things. A hurricane in the mid 80s knocked down a section of fence and part of the herd got out.

A few years later, my neighbor came over and asked if I had seen any tiny deer in the woods. Jim was used to seeing tiny deer when he was stationed in Germany. I laughed and told him where he had seen them(about 20 miles from where we lived). He asked how I knew and I explained.

Coyotes moved into the area and the tiny deer disappeared. There are plenty of white tails and if you look up when you walk in the woods every so often you will see a deer carcass up in a tree. We now have pumas.

One of the joys of nature is the surprises. You never know what you will find. Keep your eyes open and Good Luck, Rick

• Delmar, oldedeeres and larryd have said thanks

#24 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:27 AM

Who says that?? In Alberta the native american's say if  you harvest a albino moose your family will have prosperity for the rest of your life.. Not that i would shoot one. Heck if a deer looks at me, I mean right at me in the scope i can't find the heart to shoot em.. 

some old farmers in my area

• larryd said thank you

#25 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:01 AM

some old farmers in my area

I wasn't questioning "who" said it.. was just wondering if it was different folks with different ideas... Seems it is.  I find it interesting how we all differ on our believes right down to the smallest of things... 

#26 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 10:22 AM

In Iowa it is not legal to harvest a white Deer. There was a white doe often seen around the 159-160 mile markers(for 5 yrs) on I80 between Colfax and Newton. Her fawns were piebald. But she got hit by a car and killed two years ago.

#27 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 12:43 AM

We have an 8ft. game fence around the hayyard to keep the deer out, but always put one of the better alfalfa bales outside the fence for the deer. They used to make a heck of a mess jumping up on the rowed hay and peeing on it. Have never seen an albino but did have a piebald one a couple of years ago. Years back we saw a white crow in with a flock of black ones.

• Delmar and boyscout862 have said thanks