#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Went to Speedex site that has manuals. Kinda hard to read them, small and unclear. Was one about blades, but poor mounting pictures. I bought 1430 with blade and want to try it on.  Appears the rear must slip over some big rod or ? and has pins to keep it on that. It's the front parts that are unknown to me. There is a big U-shaped part, goes under blade tongue in a slot. Doesn't appear to be able to come out of that, not sure how it got in the spot then. Don't know where to hook up to frame and how the lift lever works for it???  Anyone have a good manual I can get copy of or pictures of yours mounted?  think a 1630 is same and more easy to find info for.

I KNOW snow season is over..........just wanna know the mount procedure!

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 09:33 PM

Tried the blade on tractor today and was easy. Back of blade slips over some metal already on the rear. The front U-shaped loose part bolts to each side of frame INSIDE right below engine and where it slides. Then the lift bar reaches the main lift lever on left. Works OK. Doesn't lift real high, maybe 3", but should work that way. Had to rebend the foot they had on it. They had it pointing forward, in front of blade! I reversed it to back, then still had to pound it back to correct angle. Things not adjustable, kinda weird. Only have ONE on it too. Guess I'll be fabbing some of those in future.  The front cutter looks fine, but the rear stiffener is pretty rusted away, so another repair to bolt on later.

• MH81 said thank you

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:32 AM

Glad you were able to get it figured out. Must not be a lot of manuals out there with good pics. If you take some pics of the way it hooks up, we might be able to make up a pictorial of how it mounts!

• MH81 said thank you