#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,461 Thanks
  • 7,819 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:35 PM

All the rain we've been having, now was nicer Sat and Sun and grass was hayfield. So started to mow, was cool at first, but warmed up later in day. Need a bailer in some spots!  Wife actually wanted me to trim with Weedeater and I said "Not this time" and she went out and got it and did it herself, heh, heh!   I tinkered with tractors in garage rest of day and also got my 250 Kawi running again and ready to sell. Rode that around some in area too.  Both my neighbors decided they should mow too and later came out for their work. First mow for season, gonna snowball and be work from now on!  Baaaaaa!

• hamman, oldedeeres and IlovemyCub have said thanks

#2 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 4,462 Thanks
  • 2,049 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:44 PM

Wife actually wanted me to trim with Weedeater and I said "Not this time" and she went out and got it and did it herself, heh, heh!  

My wife did the same thing! she ran the weedeater ,the trim mower, and raked the flower beds.  I just kept going slower and slower.  She does good work.   Rick

#3 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:56 PM

I weed-eated a small spot, that the mower has trouble in. I mowed a large area, 3 times. Deck up, deck down and deck down again. Yesterday was almost too cold to even think of mowing.

#4 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

IlovemyCub
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 172 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 07:02 PM

My grandpa's yard is pretty tall too! Tried to get his little John Deere 180 out, but need a battery and a drive belt. We also did a lot of yard work with my Cub Cadet 122 and the John Deere 212. I love mowing though! Ian  :rocker2:

#5 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,570 Thanks
  • 1,298 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 10:58 PM

I noticed a lot of mowing going on here in Indiana too,but i thought it was a little chili to mow.