Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Other Projects On Hold.. But.. Smoker Is Needed..

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Constipation? That's so hard!

I'm being tested for lyme disease and for Lou Gehrig's disease....

Yikes Gerald, can things get any worse for you ? Sorry to hear this. You've sure got enough on your plate with your other health issues. Wishing the best for you my friend.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#32 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yikes Gerald, can things get any worse for you ? Sorry to hear this. You've sure got enough on your plate with your other health issues. Wishing the best for you my friend.

bud.. I'm not giving up.. Got a son to help grow up into a fine young man.. With out me he has no chance of learning how to wrench on things or understand  the out doors and hunting... Them city folk ain't raising him.. 

#33 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 08:20 AM

With all my wife has goe through the last couple of weeks, I hope all the best for you.

I may not post it every day but your wife and you are in my thoughts on a daily base.. After all that has kicked my arse in the past while.. I truly understand what a lot of yall are going through..   I was miss diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago.. found out 6 months ago that i have MS. Now they think i have more then just MS. I have to believe in my heart what ever i have just makes me stronger willed to be here for my son.. I love my wife but she can life with out me, but our 6 month old son needs me in his life and i need him.. What ever is beating me down can get the halibit outta the way cause i'm nott giving up..

• Amigatec said thank you

#34 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,604 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 11:03 AM

I was making a funny, not trying to pry into your business. That sounds like a rough row.....   I'll pray for you and your family and your care givers.

• Team_Green said thank you

#35 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 03:18 PM

I was making a funny, not trying to pry into your business. That sounds like a rough row.....   I'll pray for you and your family and your care givers.

I know that Rich..  Im just trying to be open about this.. My buddies (this includes you) should know i feel.. 

#36 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 07:46 PM

TG, Sorry to hear all the bad luck, My Prayers are with you. On the smoker, I bought one of those combination grill that has a smoker box around $380.00 here. I love the Gas and charcoal sides, but haven't had anything good turn out with the smoker. I tried Brisquet several times, and a rack of pork ribs this weekend. The Chicken and Burgers went over great, most of the pork ribs were de-boned and given to the dogs.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1080739.JPG
  • P1080740.JPG

Edited by larrybl, May 27, 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#37 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 02:08 AM

Larry.. What do you think is the problem?? To much heat.. not enough.. 

• larrybl said thank you

#38 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 02:10 AM

Looks like i will be buying a smoker.. The 32 inch casing i was going to use for my smoker got turned into two fire pits. The fella wanted one for his yard at home and one for his lake lot. He offered me a stupid amount of money so now i will buy a more sensible sized smoker... Some day i will buy the monster that i dream of.. For now.. i will buy one..

#39 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:08 PM

Larry.. What do you think is the problem?? To much heat.. not enough.. 

I think....... hmmm, I time the chicken and burgers with a couple cans of beer, works well, I think the smoker requires too much beer.

Yea, the cook. :wallbanging:

• Team_Green and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#40 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,604 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Do any of you folks use a cold smoker? The one where the fire is separate from the meat?

#41 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 03:13 AM

I do sort of cold smoking for cheese. I use a pan of ice under the cheese to keep the temps down.

#42 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,305 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 04:24 AM

Does it have to be portable?  Our Tennesee connection (DIL's Dad) uses a smoker made out of cinder blocks..  It takes a bit of work to use as you need to burn the wood in an old 55 gallon drum with a screen above a cut out area in the bottom..  You transfer the ashes to the bottom of the cinder block smoker and cover the thing up with a hunk of metal to keep in the smoke/heat..   It works great I tell ya!!  The chicken & ribs he smoked with hickory had a deee-licious taste to it!  I gotta get back down there for more sometime!! :worshippy1:

#43 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:38 PM

It has to be more iof a go buy it unload it from the truck and use it...There is no way i can build something with cinderblocks of bricks..