Garden Tractor Forums banner

Erie Mi, July 19th And 20th 2013 Plow Day

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  wilberj 
#1 ·
A friend and I are hosting a plow day this summer at one of my parents farms. It will be in Erie Michigan, on July, 19, from 5pm to 8:30pm, and 20th, from 8 am to 4 pm.

We'll have a over 50 acres to turn. It will be wheat stubble that will be bailed, or chopped before we plow it.

The field is about 4.5 miles off I-75, very easy to get to.

The address by Text-Enhance">next to the field is

2191 E Rauch Rd.
Erie, MI 48133

Enter the field just east of this address, there is a narrow entrance to the field.

It will be open to any make of garden tractor, I'm not going to open it up to big tractors because the field wouldn't take very long to finish with large equipment.

I'll by Text-Enhance">rent a port a pot, and we'll have a couple of coolers of water. Everyone would be responsible for their own food.

Since this is my parent's property I'd like to have no alcohol.

Thanks, Kurt

brushfiredesign@yahoo.com

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is the ground as hard as last years field?

#5 ·
There shouldn't be a problem with a 36' motor home... The field is quite large, as long as you don't end up in a wet spot :) We'll warn you of where not to go if it is wet. I'm hoping conditions are perfect this year, as I won't have a 4x4 tractor to plow with. :)

#6 ·
Well good thing is we don't have to worry about a dry plow day this year we have plenty of moisture in the ground. I talked with Kurt yesterday and they are hoping to have the wheat off the field some time next week weather permitting. As the time gets closer we will post updates if you have any questions feel to ask.

#7 ·
Good hopping I can still make it again.

#10 ·
I got this update from Kurt yesterday and just getting around to posting it today

"I spoke with my Dad today about the plow day. He hoped to cut the wheat on Saturday or Monday depending on the moisture. He isn't too sure the plow day is going to happen. We will know more once they cut the wheat, and try to bale it.

We've have 10 inches of rain in the past month, so the field is saturated. I'm not worried about the tractors, we can always pull them out. My concern is parking the trucks and trailers.

I'll know more by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, and will post an update then.

I wish I had better news.
happy.gif

Kurt"

#14 ·
Erie Michigan Plow Day 2013... CANCELED

Unfortunately, with all of the rain we've had lately, the plow field is too wet to get in to. We just had and inch yesterday. My brother said the combine was leaving ruts in the field, and a pickup truck with a trailer attached will only be worse. So rather than tear up the field, and our vehicles, we've decided to cancel.

I hope no one has loaded anything yet...

We will not be able to re-schedule, as the rest of the summer is crazy for my family.

Sorry everyone,
Kurt

#16 ·
:ditto:

Thanks for at least trying to get it done. And definitely thanks for the timely notification.

That allows me to change to "Plan B" which is going to the Plain City show that starts on Thurs.

#17 ·
I never looked for a update till now sad we cant make it but looks like it dont matter now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.