21 replies to this topic

#16 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 12:10 AM

Ducky, I know of two of those 540 pto gearbox drives that you talk about......they mount to the rear of the tractors off the rear hitch. Both are brand new never used with one in nice shape(good paint) and the other okay shape(paint weathered). The guy had 3 of these and I bought the one that was mint in its original box! What u looking 2 spend on one? Luke

#17 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 09:37 AM

Ducky, I know of two of those 540 pto gearbox drives that you talk about......they mount to the rear of the tractors off the rear hitch. Both are brand new never used with one in nice shape(good paint) and the other okay shape(paint weathered). The guy had 3 of these and I bought the one that was mint in its original box! What u looking 2 spend on one? Luke

I would go a $100 for OEM.
Wear are you at.
Do you have a pic?

#18 RALLY OFFLINE  

RALLY

• Member No: 1054
  • 2 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 10:17 AM

how much was the 540 you looked at?

#19 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 12:36 PM

David, I bought that mint one from you in the original box! Ducky is looking for one for his tractor maybe you could hook him up with one of yours!?

#20 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 06:15 PM

That orange deck looks exactly like the one on my snapper 1650 that i just bought in Barrie at the Flea Market! don't know what its off of but it does a great job cutting.I ve been looking for a tiller since i bought the 1450,three years ago.Is the tiller coplete or for parts

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 06:35 PM

The tiller looks to be in great shape. If you were closer to me I would buy it, would love to have one for my 1655. With that being said they are wanted items so I would try as suggested and list it on kijiji, might be surprised at how fast it sells. I think you would be able to get $250 - $300 for it.

#22 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 10:02 PM

The tiller is complete with PTO shaft and all, the down drive chain is broken and need to be taken apart just have not got around to fixing it yet. If I was offered enough it is gone. don't know how much shipping would be but am willing to pallet it and haul to a local pickup for who ever wants it. Oh right the top chain drive cover is gone