• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 treeslayer2003 OFFLINE  

treeslayer2003
  • Member No: 30561
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 05:09 PM

hey guys I finally had a chance look at tractor today turns out what really was going on there is a switch on the valve lever in the dash it was really dirty and causing the lever to be stiff thus jerkiness in valve I cleaned it up and put a little grease inbetween those Teflon? slides it is much smoother now I assume this a neutral start switch?wonder if could be done away with as valve is super smooth without it  anyway shes much better now exept tall grass will still slow the deck motor quit a bit I wonder if this indicates deck motor is weak?

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,396 Thanks
  • 1,228 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 09:32 PM

I know on my 222 its a pain to find neutral when the tractor isn't running due to not having that switch. That switch has the detent so the handle can set in neutral. There have been a few times where I hit the travel handle when I didn't want to move. If I had that switch it would've stayed in neutral. If you do remove it send it my way lol.

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2
  • treeslayer2003 said thank you

#3 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 04:03 AM

I know on my 222 its a pain to find neutral when the tractor isn't running due to not having that switch. That switch has the detent so the handle can set in neutral. There have been a few times where I hit the travel handle when I didn't want to move. If I had that switch it would've stayed in neutral. If you do remove it send it my way lol.

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

It wouldn't work on yours. The 200 series and 3000 series are different and his being a All-Hydraulic model makes it even more different than most.

• dropped82 said thank you

#4 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 04:04 AM

hey guys I finally had a chance look at tractor today turns out what really was going on there is a switch on the valve lever in the dash it was really dirty and causing the lever to be stiff thus jerkiness in valve I cleaned it up and put a little grease inbetween those Teflon? slides it is much smoother now I assume this a neutral start switch?wonder if could be done away with as valve is super smooth without it  anyway shes much better now exept tall grass will still slow the deck motor quit a bit I wonder if this indicates deck motor is weak?

The hydraulic motor will naturally slow a little when getting into tall heavy grass.

• treeslayer2003 said thank you

#5 treeslayer2003 OFFLINE  

treeslayer2003
  • Member No: 30561
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:40 AM

The hydraulic motor will naturally slow a little when getting into tall heavy grass.

I expect so still seems like it should have more the engine never slows at all I really like this tractor but so far its not been a powerful grass cutter guess i'm expecting a lot from that little orbit motor but the idea of no moving parts is so appealing                if could just mow when your supposed to all would prolly be good   my qt 17 [20] will chop corn stalks but not nearly as comfy a tractor to run