#1 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:57 PM

I put the deck on my 1400 and I found that I'm missing 1 piece.It's the older non quick detach 42" Mod 193-962 deck.I'm missing the Lift handle Bracket that goes from the scissor lift that attaches to the deck and the lift leaver.

Does anyone have a picture and possibly a measurement of it so I can Fabricate the part that I need?I just bought a piece of flat stock 1 1/2" wide x 1/4" thick and 6 foot long for $4.50 today at the local hardware store.I have no idea what length I need to cut it to and how long the float slot is.

Joe has an identical deck for sale on Ebay.You can see the rod that I need laying on top of the deck in Pics 1 2 and 3.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec4e0c97b

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, April 18, 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#2 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Probably have one laying around, I'll look, Are you going to Twin bridges next week ?

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 10:05 AM

I doubt that I will be going.

#4 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just a thought that if I had one , I could get it to you , a lot a guys from that area come in for the sale. I  have parts scattered at a couple of locations, but I'm sure I can come up with one , usually scrap the decks , most shows don't like them on unless there disabled, and once I restore a tractor , that's the last it sees grass clippings.

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:05 AM

Thanks a bunch.When you find one let me know what you want for it + shipping.

Wish I could gather up your decks lol.I'm always looking for parts and whole decks.I gota start looking for a set of blades for mine before next year.These ones are getting worn down a bit.

I have the deck on the tractor and it mows but I can't lift the deck.Good thing the scissor lift on it lifts the front up when you adjust the wheel height or I would be mowing the mole hills off.This old deck cuts pretty darn good even with dull and very worn blades. 

wow it's 3am lol I was looking for 3V335 PTO belts for almost 3 hours.Found them and I bought a set.Mine were worn and stretched.They were squealing and slipping pretty good today. 

Edited by EricFromPa, April 20, 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#6 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'll keep ya in mind for a nice deck, We usually go to Twin bridges for both the spring and summer show, great place to hook up - it's about half way for both of us.

#7 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • Member No: 33136
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well, if someone buys my 990 and doesn't want the deck, you can have it but I'm at the IN/IL border. . .a LONG way from PA and there is no way I can ship that thing.

#8 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow Comcast is slow.My modem went kaput on the 20th and they Finally came and replaced it today.I would of just went and picked up another one but the Closest Comcast office is in Frederick Maryland about a 2 1/2 hour drive.

I got my new PTO belts installed and mowed with it a bit today.It mows really nice.I still have to replace the 1 Idler pulley on the deck.I got is unfrozen and injected some grease into it but it's pretty noisey.Before I got to mow with it I had to put the original tires back on it.1 of the Cheap Carlisle 23x8.50x12 2 ply AGs on it decided to blow it's side wall out and spew a couple gallon of Antifreeze all over the lawn last night.The original tires are seriously dry rotted .I don't know how they're holding air but they are.And 1 of the gauge wheels on the deck blew apart.I stuck a set of NOS steel roller bearing lawn Boy front tires I had in the shed on it.They are a tiny bit bigger but they do the job.

I'm going to try and sell the JD112 that I got and buy a set of new shoes for the MTD.I found that the JD112 needs bored out and a new piston but it's not worth it to me so I'm gona let it go.It has just shy of 40psi with the ACR disabled.It will start and run but that's about all.I can stick the head of my big flat head screwdriver down beside the piston and touch the top ring.  

Now all I have to do is get a deck lift rod and take the rear fenders off so I can properly adjust the brakes and replace the broken brake return spring.The single clutch/brake pedal set up is a pain to get set to where you have good brakes and the clutch is disengaging correctly.

I'm very impressed on how well this thing mows grass even with very very dull blades. 

#9 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 08:09 PM

I looked and I don't have any spare links, I will take one off one of my tractors and get you the measurements,

• EricFromPa said thank you

#10 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Crappy my Lawn Boy wheels won't fit the spindles on the MTD deck.Wow I'm going to have fun trying to find a replacement wheel.The spindle is 3/4" and the biggest I have is 1/2".

I may have to try to peel the rubber off and just replace the rubber.I have a set somewhere with solid rubber tires on them.It's a pain in the butt to do,but some one replaced the rubber on the other wheel before.You can see the tool marks where they bent the flange down and pried the rubber off.

Thanks man.I still have the hunk of 1/4" x 1 1/2 wide I bought.It should do the job nicely.

Old rotted gauge wheels on a very heavy deck don't last to long I guess lol.I'll have to take a pic of what it did.It peeled it's self like one of those old apple peelers do.I looked down and shook my head and kept on a going untill I noticed how crooked it was cutting with it that way lol 

Edited by EricFromPa, April 26, 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#11 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:00 AM

A pretty nice deck came with that GT1050 I just bought, blades aren't the best but it's solid, good deck wheels and the guy said he put spindle bearings in a while back. It has the shield yet on the discharge side. If  your interested we can meet up at twin bridges summer show.

#12 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 06:43 AM

My deck is in really good condition.Only thing it needs is Deck wheels,Belt cover,1 Idler pulley and the Lift rod.

I really need the Lift rod though.The other stuff I can find or get later.

I seriously doubt that I will be making it to Twin Bridges unless I can find a ride.My old dodge would suck up 3 tanks of fuel just getting there and back.I'm going to see if my uncle Lenny wants to go.He has a pretty big collection of old Cub Cadets.

Is this the place?

http://www.cvaema.org/

Edited by EricFromPa, April 30, 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#13 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:12 AM

You got it, It's a great show, and not that far from Bedford.

#14 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 06:13 PM

The link measurement your looking for is 13.5 inches from center hole to hole, the 14hp's only used one link because the sleeve hitch was the only option, when the 3pt was offered ,it had 2 of these links

#15 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:13 PM

The link measurement your looking for is 13.5 inches from center hole to hole, the 14hp's only used one link because the sleeve hitch was the only option, when the 3pt was offered ,it had 2 of these links

How did I miss this post? :wallbanging: :wallbanging: :wallbanging:

I've been looking for that measurement on and off for over a year lol.Well I got the linkage holes drilled to 13.5" on center and cut and it seems to be working the way it should.I have full range of movement without any binding.

Now I can put the deck back on and mow with it,well as soon as I get another set of gauge wheels that is.1 of them blew apart.Guess they aren't made to hold the entire weight of the deck lol.

Thank You HALFSCALE