24 replies to this topic

#16 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ah, but now they call it climate change. That way their butt's covered no matter which way the temp goes!!

Mike

But it IS still "man-made" right??

#17 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Not looking for debate, but my honest opinion is people like al gore figured out a way to make mega $$ off it. Google gore's home and see how "green" it is, LOL!!

Mike

#18 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:21 AM

Just wait, it'll be 60* one day/80* thenext & Summer will be in full sawing!  :firejumper:

#19 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:48 AM

haha here in PA its wonderfull.  80 degress and no rain.

We had that here in Ohio less than 48 hrs ago. This AM its snowing and wind chills in the mid 20s. I've always said, "If you don't like Ohio weather stick around an hour, it will change!"

#20 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 12:31 AM

But it IS still "man-made" right??

Sure it is, and it's all MY fault!  They got me to try some of them "CFL" light bulb imitations in the shop.  Now I have to turn on the lights in the shop 15 minutes before I need to see anything near the back wall... and since they use "so much less electricity" I feel free to leave them burning all the time that the shop door is open... all day and into the late night.  I don't want to go through another "heat up" period every time I walk in the door.  And so freaky greeners, you've made me use MORE of your fossil fuel generated electricity.  Just like I use twice the water trying to get a user friendly result flushing my "low flush" toilet  Get yerselves a real job and leave stuff that already works alone!:D

#21 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 07:27 AM

we got snow saturday morning

#22 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm in the same boat,Harold. I have 8 CFL's in my two car garage/shop and 3 of them stay on 12 to 15 hrs a day just so I can find the switch to turn on the other 5 on when needed. I don't think the "big nanny" should mandate whether we are green or not in regard to what type of illumination we use.

I just read a link posted on another forum yesterday saying now NASA has done another study and found all the CO2 and nitric oxides in the air are cooling the earth. Go figger!! I just wish folks like gore, who've figured a way to make mega $$ off of global warming/ climate change,would just give us the honest truth instead of saying things to line their pockets more.

Mike

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:05 PM

Gore skillfully counted on the "Human Sheep Factor", some people without thinking will follow anything that sounds and looks good no matter what the truth is.  I found the same tactic sucessfull when bass fishing.

#24 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 06:27 AM

I just wish folks like gore, who've figured a way to make mega $$ off of global warming/ climate change,would just give us the honest truth instead of saying things to line their pockets more.

Oh, yeah! Sure! Like that's going to happen! Then he would have to get elected and work for a living.

Gore skillfully counted on the "Human Sheep Factor", some people without thinking will follow anything that sounds and looks good no matter what the truth is.  I found the same tactic sucessfull when bass fishing.

I think you folks who blame Gore for all this , are giving him waaaayyyyy too much credit. Someone a lot smarter has to be pulling his strings.

#25 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:38 AM

Then he would have to get elected and work for a living.

LD, I think you just came up w/ a very apt oxymoron,LOL!!