• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 629 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Any body familiar with this motor ? I'm talking to guy that has a older F-525 with newer deck with a 1000 hours on it. said it puffed out blue smoke so he parked it in the barn where its been sitting awhile. I know sudden puffing of blue smoke not a automatic death sentence for motor. Frankly I know squat  a bought these motors and a 1000 hours. Is it ready to put down or is it still a viable motor. He says he would have to have $200 for it. Hears the kicker he also has his father in laws  2003 LX 277 that was in garage fire front plastics melted dash lights come on starts and runs .Said do both for $300 Just don't know . Are these throw away motors?

#2 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:22 PM

I believe that is a one of a kind motor.. If you look closely it doesn't have a bottom part for the motor it bolts directly to the hydro !!

So you can't repower the machine easily.. Not much traction when going up a grade although they put a pedal on it to transfer some weight from the deck to the front drive wheels.

I have one sitting in my shed but I've been thinking about parting it out for this reason. Sort of a neat concept for a zero turn though.

• gopher said thank you

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,705 Thanks
  • 8,895 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:39 PM

If you have the time to tear them apart and sell the pieces on Ebay, you're going to make a nice pile of ka-ching.