#1 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted October 17, 2010 - 10:33 PM

...and can you please talk me out of buying it?

International Loader Back Hoe

It looks clean and it's been listed for 10 days now. It sure would be handy to have around the yard, and that seems like short money for a loader/backhoe. I've got a lot of brush clearing to do over the next couple of years, and this would make it easier. But if this is a rig with a lot of known issues I'll steer clear.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 07:18 AM

Sorry, if it's as advertised... I can't bring myself to try to talk you out of it... unless I start driving now...maybe I can beat you there... LOL Just kidding.

You're right on the price, does seem a little low... check to make sure they aren't doing something "funny" (heavier wt) with the hyd oil trying to keep pressures up to hide a pump problem. I've heard of guys getting burned that way.

#3 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 07:51 AM

If it is in the condition as advertised I would say it would be a good deal if you will be having a need for it. At that price you should be able to use it and more than make your money back to sell it when you'r done working (playing) with it.

#4 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 08:03 AM

If you check around at the rental shops to see what something similar would cost to rent on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, that asking price will look like the bargoooon it actually is. When you get down to this price point, you can't go wrong. As stated, you could buy that now; use it for two years and then sell it for the same money when you don't have a pressing need to own it. I wouldn't waste any time because it won't last long at that price.

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 03:23 PM

Sorry, if it's as advertised... I can't bring myself to try to talk you out of it... unless I start driving now...maybe I can beat you there... LOL Just kidding.

You're right on the price, does seem a little low... check to make sure they aren't doing something "funny" (heavier wt) with the hyd oil trying to keep pressures up to hide a pump problem. I've heard of guys getting burned that way.

If you check around at the rental shops to see what something similar would cost to rent on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, that asking price will look like the bargoooon it actually is. When you get down to this price point, you can't go wrong. As stated, you could buy that now; use it for two years and then sell it for the same money when you don't have a pressing need to own it. I wouldn't waste any time because it won't last long at that price.

:ditto::ditto:

#6 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted October 19, 2010 - 10:15 AM

I hate to pass on this, but I think I'm going to. I've got too many projects backed up, and I can see how this could turn into its own project before I even get a chance to use it. In case anyone is interested, it looks like an IH 3444. From what I can tell, parts are not easy to come by. The owner thinks this is a '72 or '73, but doesn't know the hours on it.

Similar listing: 1975 INTERNATIONAL 3444 Loader Backhoe For Sale At MachineryTrader.com