LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:29 AM

hold my beer and watch this, what happened???

'Tales of the Brave and Foolhardy'.

• NUTNDUN and larryd have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Maybe this should be in the safety forum??

• larryd said thank you

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,446 Thanks
  • 3,993 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:59 AM

hold my beer and watch this, what happened???

my wife gave me a kiss    :big_hug: :beerchug:

Edited by jd.rasentrac, April 17, 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:01 AM

I've been waiting for a video or something in the first post!

#5 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:09 AM

I've been waiting for a video or something in the first post!

Maybe he decided to drink a few more first! :beer:

Edited by pigsitter, April 17, 2013 - 07:09 AM.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#6 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Oh,no no no! This isn't about me! I'm the sanest most practical guy on here!

I do remember saying "Where's your sense of adventure."once. After that I got our truck stuck way back on a mud road and had to walk to a farm house. Also, when  I was young, I would do some amazingly stupid things with a car.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:27 AM

I think it has the possibility of being a great thread. I will have to think of a tale I could tell. Will try and post something later. I wanna hear everyone else's in the meantime. :D

• LilysDad said thank you

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Put a 51 Desoto Cub Coupe at 50 mph through a narrow 1 lane railroad tressel  all Catewampas on a gravel road, with sparks coming off the front and rear bumpers.  To this day I don't know how I made that left turn on the other side?

There was a tight curve on both ends and I forgot it was there?

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 17, 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#9 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 11:12 AM

Not exactly the same, but back in high school, I used to go dirt biking with my friends & our wood shop teacher (Billy).  Well, we were doing some hill climbing and our teacher Billy pointed to a steep hill covered in briers. He then said "I'll kiss the a$$ of anyone who can make that climb".  Well, in my book that is a dare, and I never backed down from much when it came to dirt biking dares.  I didn't have a beer, but I soon as he said that, I fired up my Honda & hit the hill fast & hard.  Once past the steepest section, the hill leveled off & made a nice ride along it's ridge.  I came back & Billy wouldn't say a thing!  I did have to pick a few briers out of my arms & legs, but it was worth it!  Today....no way!!!!

After I came back, I told everyone about the nice trail up there, so everyone EXCEPT Billy took off & rode the ridge. 

#10 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Not exactly the same, but back in high school, I used to go dirt biking with my friends & our wood shop teacher (Billy).  Well, we were doing some hill climbing and our teacher Billy pointed to a steep hill covered in briers. He then said "I'll kiss the a$$ of anyone who can make that climb".  Well, in my book that is a dare, and I never backed down from much when it came to dirt biking dares.  I didn't have a beer, but I soon as he said that, I fired up my Honda & hit the hill fast & hard.  Once past the steepest section, the hill leveled off & made a nice ride along it's ridge.  I came back & Billy wouldn't say a thing!  I did have to pick a few briers out of my arms & legs, but it was worth it!  Today....no way!!!!

After I came back, I told everyone about the nice trail up there, so everyone EXCEPT Billy took off & rode the ridge. 

Curious.. did the a$$ kissing come around???  :smilewink:  :poke:

#11 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Similar to OCH's.. I used to race down hill mountain bikes..  There is a section that was always closed off on one trail.. we took the ribbons down so we could attempt it. Of course everyone said Lets get G to do it. Well heck ya sure. off i went.. only to find out it was a frame bending 16 ish foot drop with a flat landing area. Brutal. I woke up in the hospital 8 broken ribs, broken jaw (it was wired shut) and a broken wrist. I sure asked for a beer after that.. 

#12 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Curious.. did the a$$ kissing come around???  :smilewink:  :poke:

I did ask my teacher after I climbed it..."what was that you said Billy".   He just said for me to kiss his!    Priceless!     :rolling:

• Team_Green and LilysDad have said thanks

#13 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Had to make a refreshment run before bottle store closing time (10pm) so two buds and I hop into the '84 K5 Blazer I had at the time and head the 2 miles into town. 1/2 mile of gravel, onto a tar road that was under contruction. They had just started the project, they were in the process of milling off the existing asphalt. So we're cruising along at 55 coming to the point where the blacktop was still intact, right at the end of the driveway of the farmer I worked part-time for in the winter months. Lots of signs warning about the bump ahead. But, I see Gus headed down his drive to go to the same place Brother Jay, Big E, and I are headed. So the race is on.

So, I yell the topic header phrase, and shoot between the two Type III's on the shoulders. Did I mention this county road has been repaved a couple of times without removing the previous? That it was over a foot of mix that had been milled off? And they really didn't spend a lot of time and material making the ramp back up to the existing?

Gus hits the binders because he knows I'll run him over, and sits back and enjoys the show. I thought we got a little air, Gus estimated 3 - 3 1/2 feet. I was doing 65, so I'm not sure how long of a stretch we were airborne. I do know that things didn't go well for my passengers. Brother Jay in the front seat didn't fare well. Remember the passenger front seat in the K5's? Flips forward to access the rear? Makes a fine catapult straight to the dash! Big E (Eric) in the back seat tried to hit the deck. He didn't make it. The deck got him first. Flipped him up on the center console. The bounce (we went up twice more, actually) put him back into the rear seat just ahead of the subwoofer box headed for the same piece of real estate coming all the way from the back end. He claimed that actually hurt quite a bit.

So we get to the shop with a minute or two to spare. Fill the tender in on the adventure. Gus tells the story over on the on-sale portion of the building so we don't have to tell the story twice, and away we go, back to where from which we came.

• Team_Green, LilysDad and marlboro180 have said thanks

#14 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Back in high school my best friend and I were out doing our regular Thursday night beer drinking back roads running,while flying down one road we were talking enjoying the tunes on the radio as we went over a large hump in the road a few seconds later we both looked at each other as we noticed all road noise was gone at that same instant we heard the tires chirp as we touched down.No clue how long or how far we flew.

#15 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 09:06 PM

We used to party a lot at a friends apartment,one of our rules was when someone got up to go get a beer if anyone else yelled beer you had to get them a beer,well one night I got up to get a beer and a friend promptly yelled BEER! Being slightly intoxicated I grabbed him a beer out of the fridge and turned around and threw it at him nailing him upside the head nearly laying him out cold! Needless to say a no throwing beer rule followed shortly after that episode. :bigrofl: