#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Spent most of the day working on " Bob" in the garage. Got him running and he ran like crap. My BIL ( that I gave the 7014 to) came over and brought a new set of points. Installed them tried it and we decided to clean the carb again. With that done we got him started and he ran so-so. BIL noticed the plug and said if you have another plug we should swap it out and try him again. Changed the plug and started him up  adjusted the carb and he is running better than he has in 4 years. I will run him more tomorrow and if I am satisfied he is running good I will change the oil, fill the hydro, check BGB and rear end. Run him for a while and then get the rear lift kit installed and than start on the rear tiller and make a sleeve hitch for him.  

Points, plug and carb clean. Hopefully he will run for a long time now. I took a video of him running almost at his worst. I will try to post it here. Doesn't look like it wants to load. Sorry. Thanks guys. Roger

• KennyP and JRJ have said thanks

#2 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'm glad 'Robert' is feeling better!

• hamman said thank you

#3 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 04:31 AM

You can't keep a good tractor down! Glad to hear that Bob is back in the game!   36_1_11.gif

• hamman said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 05:05 AM

Glad to hear 'Bob' is felling better! Maybe he needs to stretch his legs a bit. Waking from a long sleep can leave your joints rather stiff!

• hamman said thank you

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Glad to hear Bob is up and moving better. Little physical labor will be good for him.

If he complains anymore, tell him to take two aspirin and call you in the morning.
  • hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#6 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:20 AM

When you cleaned the carb did you pull the Welch plugs and clean the passages behind them?

In order to upload video you need to up load it to a service like youtube and then embed it into the post or post a link.

• hamman said thank you

#7 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I didn't pull the plugs. I have done this in the past on other carbs and have had horrible results. I never seem to get them in correctly and they don't seal. As for videos and such I tried a video posting site twice and got a virus each time. I would put it on youtube but haven't had the time yet. When I get Bob fine tuned I will do another video showing the difference and Bob running around. Thanks. Roger. 

#8 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 11:57 AM

I got the tiller up and working and have installed a new hydro filter, checked the BGB oil level (good) and the rearend oil level (good). I did however find that it was about a quart low on hydro fluid. I have a couple of questions for you guys that have a Allis Chalmes, Simplicity or Homelite Hydro. 1) What type of clamps do you have on your hydro hoses? Mine are the spring clip style. Has anyone changed theirs and what kind did you use? 2) I can't find a drain for the hydo fluid (ATF Dextron III) and I really would like to drain it all out and put fresh in. I didn't really want to remove one of teh hoses from bottom of the resivor to do this. Have you found a drain on yours? My factory hydro book doesn't show a brake down or tell where the drain (if any) is. Glad to have him up running again. Next up get the mower deck in and get it serviced and ready for summer. Thanks. Roger.

#9 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Good to hear Bob has awakened from his Rip Vanwinkle impersonation.

• hamman said thank you

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I pulled the lower hose on the filter housing, Roger.
  • hamman said thank you