• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 06:46 AM

I just noticed it is spelled wrong in the forum header. We'll get that fixed!

EDIT: Don't mind me! I need coffee! It is supposed to be an E in there!

Edited by KennyP, April 30, 2013 - 06:54 AM.

• RedJake said thank you

#32 RedJake OFFLINE  

RedJake
  • Member No: 34438
  • 23 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Ahhhh, JacobsOn..... instead of E

Ahhh, yes you are right. I kept spelling it correctly with the "e" but didn't notice the misspelling until you brought it up. Wow, you would think if you were to have decals made you would make sure it was spelled correctly. Well, it is one of a kind for sure! It will stay until I decide to restore her. That's exactly my luck. Great deal, bad spelling! :rolling:

• Rock farmer said thank you

#33 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:15 PM

When I found mine on cl, the seller had it listed as a Jacobson! I usually search for Jacobsens. So, I got lucky!

Joe
  • RedJake said thank you

#34 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 02:24 AM

When I found mine on cl, the seller had it listed as a Jacobson! I usually search for Jacobsens. So, I got lucky!

Joe

That is precisely how I got my Jacobsen front mount/rear steer T422D. It was an Ebay auction from a municipality here in the Twin Cities. They misspelled Jacobsen as 'Jacobson' in the auction title, and it didn't appear any where else in the ad and it never was corrected. I think that's why the auction only had 10 bidders, and as of now it only has 375 views. I think over half of those came from here when I won it and linked to the auction from here.

http://www.ebay.com/...s-/320959872418

• RedJake said thank you

#35 rpickle OFFLINE  

rpickle
  • Member No: 37050
  • 12 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hi. I just bought a 53500. I will post pics soon. I tried to access the manual links earlier in this thread but was unsuccessful. Any ideas? Tractor is in ok shape. Has not run or been used in years. Engine is not locked up. Came with the 60" deck that is in ok shape too. No electric clutch, so figure that will cost a few bucks :).
  • Rock farmer said thank you

#36 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 04:22 AM

Welcome to the forum! I'll send you the manual through a PM.

#37 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hi. I just bought a 53500. I will post pics soon. I tried to access the manual links earlier in this thread but was unsuccessful. Any ideas? Tractor is in ok shape. Has not run or been used in years. Engine is not locked up. Came with the 60" deck that is in ok shape too. No electric clutch, so figure that will cost a few bucks :).

Welcome to GTtalk prickle!

You are a member of a small fraternity here. These jacobsen 53500 are rare! But, they are the same machine as the Ford LGT 195. You can find the manuals for the Ford LGT 195 by following the links at the top of this forum. Also, site sponsor "joes outdoor power" has just parted one of these machines. And, may have the clutch you need. Hat same clutch may be used on a lot of machines.

Looking forward to pictures! Where are you located?

Joe
  • KennyP said thank you

#38 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 03:55 PM

:welcometogttalk:  Tom here, I have a 195, great tractor so far. hope you have good luck with yours. don't forget pics.  Joe's right check out " joe's outdoor power"  in sponsor section.

Edited by TomLGT195, June 03, 2013 - 03:57 PM.