• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:17 AM

It was about a year after I had got my CDL and I had brought the company truck home to clean and wax. I also added a bug shield to the old Mack. Well I didn't realize how much trouble the little bug shield would get me in to. I got up Monday morning and went to leave for work. The Mack was parked right behind my dad's car along the street. I walked down to the truck to leave for work and I even walked between the truck and my dad's car to get to the drivers side. You would think this would have registered something in my tiny little young brain but it didn't. I hopped up in the truck, admiring the view with the new bug shield but there was one thing missing from the picture and for those that have ever sat up in a big truck know where this is going. The truck finished building air pressure and I released the brakes, put it in gear and went to take off but it sounded funny and didn't really notice the added pressure of the truck pushing my dad's car LOL.

Thankfully my dad didn't kill me and it only busted a taillight and I think it left a small dent. I have many more stories I will add as I get time.

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 12:10 PM

As soon as you said, "right behind my dad's car," I knew what was coming next! I've never driven a big truck, on the road, but I've been a passenger for a lot of miles. Things can disappear, down in front, in a hurry! I could just picture the look on your face when you realized you were pushing your dad's car. That would have made a good movie clip!!

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 12:31 PM

As soon as you said, "right behind my dad's car," I knew what was coming next! I've never driven a big truck, on the road, but I've been a passenger for a lot of miles. Things can disappear, down in front, in a hurry! I could just picture the look on your face when you realized you were pushing your dad's car. That would have made a good movie clip!!

I think that would have been one of those priceless moments LOL.

I really wish I had a pic of the guys face that cut me off from the right going down the highway at 60mph and he cut over too soon and I took him down the road about a mile with him glued sideways to my bumper. It is a long winded and funny story I will have to share more info on in another post once I get home.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 21, 2010 - 03:09 PM

Ouch George! Good thing your Dad is easy-going! Never put a dent in any cars, but my Dad backed our 2 ton Chevy grain truck over my Ex's Camaro. That was fine by me...I didn't like the car or her! :laughingteeth:

Edited by olcowhand, February 21, 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 21, 2010 - 07:09 PM

Ouch George! Good thing your Dad is easy-going! Never put a dent in any cars, but my Dad backed our 2 ton Chevy grain truck over my Ex's Camaro. That was fine by me...I didn't like the car or her! :laughingteeth:

LMAO, now that's funny :rofl2:

Edited by olcowhand, February 21, 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 25, 2010 - 04:50 PM

LMAO, now that's funny :rofl2:

:ditto:

#7 Rick OFFLINE  

Rick

Tractorholic

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 03:19 PM

When I used to drive a tire truck we parked the trucks behind the shop in the alley,I pulled mine in kind of in a rush,went in the shop and came back out to leave got in the truck started back out into the alley the truck came to a sudden stop so I pulled back up and backed out again same thing sudden stop didn't think to look behind me just did it again the third time sombody yelled here was a little old lady trying to drive up the alley in her car she never made it because I hit her car 3 times with my tire truck.I ripped the pass.side front fender rite off that little car.